Chapter 9

"Let go of my daughter." That voice belonged to a man, that part was apparent but the tone was rather snake-like almost as if he hissed at them. "Arthur Reagen recently promoted to a 1st Class SOLDIER, an Assasin type weapons master." A man in a coat stated, he slightly pulled back taking small steps away from the 'chaos'.

'Arthur? My dad?! I didn't recognise him!'

"Do not make me repeat myself, if you don't let go of her, I'll have your head, Turk." Arthur placed a blade over the Turks' throat, pressing the edge of it close to his neck. The Turk immediately lets go of me but because he did so immediately, I had fallen to the ground, I'm sure I bruised my tushie.

'That hurt, you little- no calm down me, this imp clearly doesn't know how to treat a child.'

"We are terribly sorry to have caused such an inconvenience to you, is there anything we could do?" One of the men tried to sugarcoat the whole scene, he sounded disgustingly similar to a slimy businessman, almost had me puking there.

"I would rather you leave." Dad let out, glaring at the group, his blade was still left unsheathed. With no words, the group frantically scurried away like little roaches.

Arthur had a terrifying air around him, his eyes had glowed not in a beautiful way, instead, it silently looked like it was looking for a target.

[EMERGENCY] Quest Alert!:

Task: • Negotiate with ENEMIES.
Complete quest in Time limit.

Time: 1min 59 sec

Quest status: COMPLETE ☑

A slide appeared in front of me, I heaved a sigh of relief, I took a few seconds to look through the slide once more, my eyes immediately read the completion time. "59 seconds!" I yelled out, I covered my mouth shut noticing that I uttered that out loud.

'No way, 59 seconds? I was close to failing the quest?'

If it hadn't been for my father who had come right on the dot, I would have failed this quest and faced the penalty, me, a 5-year-old would have faced a possible penalty which could've been anything from EXP point reduction to death.

"Aurora." I heard him say, I lifted my head up and faced my father, whose face softened and all that was left was a face of worry and guilt, anyone could tell from just a glance that he had been relieved and scared all at once, "Dad!" I rushed to him and tightly held on to his leg, I looked up and whimpered, "I was scared Daddy!"

He scooped me up and held me high, "My little Angel, Daddy's here, nothing to be afraid of." He patted my back as he laid my head on his shoulders, he carried me softly. Soon after he began walking, I was still held close by his side.

I know I wasn't too afraid when those people came and almost took me away, but the sense of relief I got from just staying close to Arthur, really put me at ease.

As we walked, dad had come to a halt and knocked on a door, our front door, I glanced at it and the door wedged open with a gust of air, whoever opened it was either angry or just had no control over their arm strength, "Aurora! My baby!" My mother's voice had such an excited tone, she quickly took me from Dad's arms and held me tightly.

"Mom, I'm fine, Dad came and saved me." I lightly let out. "And I'm glad he did." Another women's voice had then spoken, "Aunty Claudia!" I exclaimed, "Your mother had wanted to use Fira [Fire spell] to burn those men, had I not reminded that Arthur was almost here, she would have massacred those men." Claudia sighed out.