Chapter 6

•4-years later•

4 years have passed since I've arrived here, 4 very long years, nonetheless, with each passing year, the days did go by faster. I would want to say that something interesting did happen in those years but other than that I started to talk and walk around, there's nothing much but I did start my quest.

"Big sister Aura!" Well, that was about me, I did, however, get a very cute, tiny companion, who's technically everyone's favorite 21-year-old later on, Cloud is 4 years old at the moment and as someone who's only seen the almost Cold-hearted boy during the gameplay, never in my wildest dreams did I think he would be so adorable.

"Big sister Aura, Can I play with you now?" A very tiny blonde called out to me, my newfound nickname 'Aura' came from this little one since he had a bit of a problem when saying my name. When he did say my name it came out broken, now, well, everyone calls me Aura.

"Sure thing Cloud! Let me just put away these books, it'll only take me a second, alright?" I asked and got a slight nod from the boy and went and put away all the books, I took up reading about spells and materia, luckily Mom had a shelf full of books and it's a blessing that they were all written in Japanese, considering the game is from Japan, they didn't make up a new language for the series, at least I hope not.

I learned Japanese from my mother in the other world at a very young age, so reading any books in the language was an easy feat. "And done! Come on, we can meet Tifa on the way too!" I neatly set all the books back, as last year, I found out mom doesn't like it when things aren't in the proper place. When she found out that I had been taking the books from the lower shelf, not only was she shocked but very angry.

She did, however, give me a smile and softly told me to never misplace the books, ever again, now her smile was more than just a subtle one, it literally screamed out the very words 'do that again and you'll never see the light of day' but she's my mom and I'm her lovely little daughter, she won't say that nor will she ever think that but she did show it, which from then on I have been very careful.

"Do we really have to see Tifa? She can barely play with us you know?" Cloud pouted, "C'mon Cloud, she gets pretty lonely since the other kids don't really go to her house much, even if she's younger than us, she's so much more fun to play with than those other kids! Now come on, let's go have fun together." I petted his fluffy hair.

"Yeah okay! Oh, I'll be sure to bring my toys too, I'll meet you at Tifa's!" He jumped up, he ran and waved at me as he left to his house, this town's pretty small, all 3 of us live close to each other.

Tifa was born 3 years ago, Cloud was barely 2 at the time, so what my parents and Cloud's parents decided was that I would look after them, which means that technically I'm the oldest kid in this town, I love children but kids are sometimes too curious that when they ask questions, even the adults take a while to answer them.

Not saying that all adults know their stuff but at times kids make more rational decisions than those who 'society' deemed as adults do.

Around the time I began walking, I got a proper look at what I looked like, there was a tall mirror that was set from the floor all the way up to the ceiling, when I looked at that mirror I saw a small girl with bobbed copper hair that darkened at the end towards a browner tint and she had soft but large Hazel eyes and the cutest little button nose and small lips to boot!

If I remember correctly the exact words I said when I saw myself was 'who is this?', as I didn't realize that it was me at first glance, it took a while till I got somewhat used to this new face, roughly around a full year to be exact, I still do get surprised when I pass that mirror and I see my face.

I got myself all ready to hang out with Cloud and Tifa and rushed to my front door, it seemed that Mom was just sitting about and pondering about who knows what, the thing is, Dad had left for a week or so for his mission.

He has gone out to help a 1st Class SOLDIER in their mission since they called for back up, he is a 2nd Class SOLDIER after all but I know he does his best, I think I heard him talking about his promotion or something along those lines before he left.

"You going out to play with Cloud, Aura?" I heard Mom call out, "Yep! Gonna play with Tifa too." I responded while fastening the laces on my boots before leaving. "That's good that you got her to join, a smart move, you sure are mature for your age." She chuckled out, "Thanks Mom, Oh I made sure to put the books in the correct order when I was done reading today." I grinned, a child's gotta act like a child, am I right? I needed to put in more of the childlike characteristics to my speech before my parents start to think that I may be a little 'too mature' for my age.

"What a good girl! Now go have fun and be sure to take care of those two and yourself included, okay?" She voiced out, "Okay, I'm leaving then!"

"Take care!" She said and I waved at her and went over to Tifa's.

When I reached her house, I knocked on the door, it slightly opened and a man came out. "Hello, Tifa's dad!" I saluted standing tall while putting a big grin on my face, "Why hello there little Aura, Tifa's inside with Cloud, C'mon in." He gestured.

I stepped in and saw the living area and immediately saw Cloud and Tifa sitting together, the blonde was teaching the little 3-year-old about his toys, oh if only I could capture this moment with a camera, nonetheless, I made sure to save this sight in my memory, engraving it to my mind.

"Big Shishta Aura!"