Chapter 17

10-years later•

"Aurora, keep up!"

"Aura, at this rate, be glad you just get the position of infantrymen."

"I know you two are just provoking me but that really hurts, ya know?" Pushing past all the obstacles that were all arranged before me, I used my sword to knock down all incoming throwing knives. Along with that, I'm getting hit with high damage spells, dodging those were tough but I am managing just fine.

"Aura, watch out!"

As soon as I heard my name, my head shot straight up. The first, or rather the only thing I noticed, was the tall tree that stood up high right in front of me, maybe around ten to fifteen seconds away. Changing my footing, my feet slid on the wet soil which came about from the previous night's rain, which did result in me getting a few scrapes but I'd take that over being slammed on a tree trunk. I regained my footing and cleared the mud away.

"That was close, thanks Cloud!" I knew it was the little blond the moment I heard my name, he did often like to watch my little test runs with Mom and Dad.

In a span of a few seconds, I located Dad's position. He raised an air around him that was very intimidating but if I were to beat and get through him, this would be the east part. The hard part? He dances with his blades, not in a literal form but if killing looked beautiful, how else would anyone describe it?

"You look very scary right now Dad, mind turning it down a notch? You know for your daughter's well being??" The reasoning wasn't going to work but if it helped calm me down and stop my shivering, I would do it endlessly.

He held his blades lightly, almost like I was an easy game to beat.

'Sorry, dad but not today.'

I took a deep breath and calmed my nerves. Physical strength and speed, that was what Arthur's test for me was and so I gave him exactly what he wanted. I duped him by running straight toward him, he blocked his chest area, probably expected that I would attack straight ahead but I slid right by him and used Bloodlust.

The blades he held close had clattered to the ground, all he could do now was stand still, slightly shivering. It wasn't over yet, I pointed my sword right at his abdomen, this way he knew that it was his defeat and I could sense uneasiness in the air lift.

"You did well Aura but your mom won't be an easy one to get through," Dad remarked, dusting off his hands. He came by me and patted my shoulder, a way of wishing me luck, I needed it if I was facing mom next.
"Also a little heads up, among the two of us, I think you are the more scary one, my little angel." I snickered at his little note and slightly beamed at the thought but there was no time to waste.

My need to find mom elevated as I felt the presence of mana all around me, I could tell she won't be going easy on me.

'Guess I gotta narrow it down.'

Use Mana detection?

Yes                                         No

'Yes!'

This would help me find a cluster of mana of all forms situated in one area, if there is one thing I'm certain of, mom is strong and she tries to hide her prowess but with a little help from my system, her location would be an easy find.

There it was, I felt a mess of mana all concentrated to the left of where I stood. I raised my guard but my planning from this point on was not spot on, my palms had begun to sweat and the grip on my sword grew.