Go ~ Bitter laughs

5- Bitter laughs
— — — — — —

        I set my phone back into my back pocket and smiled.
        Almost everywhere Sasuke and I went, there were students from our class walking around with their partners as well. I even saw Ino and Naruto walking together-- from a distance. Ino didn’t look very satisfied, hence Naruto being the loud one. I scanned around for more familiar faces: there was Pein and Konan, Choji and TenTen, Temari and Shikamaru, and... Kiba and Hinata.
        I almost felt my heart break, seeing them together enjoying themselves. I felt my breathing go uneasy and out of order, so I looked away. I didn’t think this project would affect me so much. Let alone Kakashi-sensei had teamed me up with Sasuke, and it was for a grade. Much in my dismay, I have to keep my temper under control, and have more patience with the Uchiha.
        I hadn’t gotten worried until Sakura had showed up with her partner,  Shino. And they definitely didn’t look happy together. She looked directly at me with fiery eyes, in envy. How she wanted to be standing next to Sasuke instead of me, and how she wanted to be the one partnered up with him. I would be better off being partnered up with Shino, I thought, At least he wasn’t a jerk.
        I noticed everyone taking their phones out; everyone but Sakura and Sasuke, though. I smiled, moving slightly away from Sasuke. Kakashi-sensei gave me looks, but shrugged it off and kept on writing down the reviews for Choji and TenTen. Mine’s and Sasuke’s reviews were done.
        Relief.
        TenTen was the first one to make a move. She started out with a stunned expression, following with a hysterical laugh. Choji was caught off-guard, but it wasn’t until he saw TenTen’s screen that he actually spit out his food.
        Next was Konan. She was confused at first, but now taking another look at her cellphone screen, she tried holding in her laugh. Pein didn’t look very amused, but he smiled. That was good enough for me.
        Soon enough, everyone had gotten the message, and now mostly everyone was laughing hysterically. Sasuke took notice of this and glowered over at me. “Why is everyone laughing?”
        I shrugged, trying not to smile. “I dunno...” I looked away, since I had failed to not make it so obvious.
        “OH MY GOSH,” Ino managed to let out through her seemingly endless laugh. “THAT WAS HYSTERICAL.”
        “Does he wanna be gay or something?!” Naruto commented, falling onto the ground and holding his sides, unable to stand from his laughing.
       “Everyone,” Kakashi-sensei shouted, making everyone stop from what they were doing. “What’s so funny?”
       “SASUKE’S GAY!” Naruto shouted.
       Sasuke was taken aback by Naruto’s answer. He immediately shot me a death glare. “What did you do?” He whispered at me, with a hint of anger in his voice.
       I was about to answer back, but Kakashi-sensei interrupted me. “Naruto, don’t be rude. Besides, what made you assume that?”
       “Sasuke’s real Halloween costume,” he managed to let out, showing Kakashi-sensei his cellphone. He was confused at first, but he took the phone from Naruto and looked at the screen.
       Kakashi-sensei immediately widened his eyes, appalled at what he had just seen. He looked at the screen again before handing the phone back to Naruto. He had a serious look plastered all over his face as he looked directly at me afterwards.
       “Sayuri,” he started. “Why would you send that picture out to everyone? Wasn’t trust part of your grade?”
       “What did she do?!” Sasuke asked for the third time.
       “I have to admit, it was funny, but this hurts your project grade,” he turns to Sasuke. “Sasuke, she sent out a picture of you in a Neko costume that was meant for girls.”
       Now Sasuke’s expression was full of shock and anger. He looked back at me, stunned. I smirked at him. “I warned you, Uchiha. That’s what you get for calling me anorexic.” I toyed before walking out of the scene, and ironically, I walked my way to Sasuke’s house, a victorious feeling exploding inside of me.