Shichi ~ Cinnamon Challenge

7- Cinnamon Challenge

- - - - - -

"Have mercy on us, Itachi!" I gulped as I looked down at the spoonful of cinnamon.

"Come on, you two. It's just one cinnamon challenge. It's not like it'll kill you or anything."

"I wouldn't say that so soon," Itachi chuckled, seeing our current facial expressions in reaction to doing the cinnamon challenge as a punishment. I looked down at the spoon in horror; I was obviously scared of what was going to happen to me. Sasuke just stood next to me, glaring at his older brother. He would occasionally look down at his spoon in disgust. Well, he obviously doesn't like cinnamon.

"At least be thankful that you aren't allergic to cinnamon," Itachi rose his right eyebrow, giving both of us a look. "The challenge isn't that hard. Believe me."

The younger Uchiha scoffed. "Oh, please. I'm sure you haven't done the challenge either. You're just saying that just to get this over with, let alone watch us suffer from the dryness of our mouths."

"Actually, you're right, for once," Itachi chuckled slightly while his younger brother and I gave him an odd look.

I stared at Itachi blankly. "We'd like to see you try and do the challenge, so you'd feel our pain."

"For once, I agree." Sasuke stated, pushing the bottle of cinnamon toward his older brother.

Itachi blinked a few times, probably registering what our responses were. We stood there in utter silence for half a minute before Itachi smiled and clapped three times, joke-wise. "Bravo,"

"What?" Sasuke and I say in unison.

"Don't you see?" He responded. He let out a low laugh before continuing. "You both agreed with each other. The first step into friendship, eh?"

"Why are you making a big deal out of it? Okay, we have similar opinions about something. So what?" I set down the spoon on the counter carefully. "It's normal."

His response was a quiet scoff. "I rarely see it coming from you two. Therefore, it matters. If only Kakashi were here to see this..."

"We're getting off subject, Baka!"

Sasuke tugged on my sleeve and pulled me closer to him, as if he were going to whisper something to me. "What does it matter? We're stalling him," I turned my head to him, and he gave me an annoyed look. "Meaning we won't have to do the damn challenge so soon, Sayuri."

I pulled away from his grip and shot him a glare. "Hey, don't talk to me like I'm slow!"

"But you are."

"Aaaand, it's gone," Itachi sighed, shutting his eyes for a moment before re-opening them and looking back up. "Enough with the nonsense. We have to get this over with."

Sasuke scoffed. "Thanks a lot, Baka," he snarled, glaring down at the spoonful of cinnamon once again.

"Nice try, you two," The elder Uchiha smirked and crossed his arms. "Who's going first?"

"She will," Before I could respond, Sasuke takes a little bit of cinnamon from his spoon to his hand and blows it in my face.

I was lucky I saw it coming before it could hit my eyes.

I blew the cinnamon off of my face before shooting an annoyed look at Sasuke, who was slightly laughing, but apparently this was funny enough for him to start laughing uncontrollably.