SanJyuu-Hachi ~ Obviously

38- Obviously

- - - - - -

"It's been an hour already. Can you at least unlock these cuffs now?" Kiba complained. He attempted to wipe his sweaty palms on his shirt. His and Sasuke's wrists were noticeably red from the cuffs. Sayuri was surprised that they were still able to move them.

Kakashi sighed, taking the keys out of his jacket pockets. He inserts the key into the hole of the handcuffs and twists it right, unlocking both of their cuffs. The two boys immediately lifted their lower arms up and massaged their wrists, hoping it would ease the pain. At first, they winced, but they soon got used to the sting.

Sayuri smiled weakly. "Well, at least that makes up for everything that happened."

It was already silent, which made everything awkward. Most of the students had already fled the scene after about thirty to forty minutes. Temari and Hidan were the only other students left.

Kakashi chuckled. "Glad to see that you aren't mad anymore."

"I'll remember this day for sure," A thought came to Sayuri. She turns her head to look at Kiba and Sasuke, who already had worried looks on their faces. "Can you guys... maybe... hold hands again?"

Their response was quick. "What?"

Sayuri batted her eyes repeatedly and smiled. "You heard me."

"Why?" Kiba crossed his arms. "Don't get me wrong. I love you, but why would I hold his hand again for you?"

Hearing the first part of Kiba's second question was enough to make Sasuke tense up. His fists automatically clenched upon hearing Kiba.

Hidan scoffed. "Just do it."

Temari added, "It's only for a few seconds anyway."

Sasuke then slipped his hand into Kiba's, obviously so Kiba wouldn't say anything else that would make him lose it again. Basically, he did so to get it over with.

Sayuri was somewhat shocked at the sudden action, but her expression changed greatly to an amused one in a matter of seconds. "That was fast. But thanks!"

And suddenly, she whipped out her cellphone and a flash from the phone followed after. She had snapped a picture of them holding hands.

The boys let go of their hands in shock, watching Sayuri run off to the curb where the car was parked. "Hey!"

~*~

"Delete it, Sayuri," Sasuke demanded.

"Nope!" She walked through the entrance of the inside of the mansion-she was practically skipping. Sasuke was surprised at this. Sayuri never skips!

"Why would she?" Itachi soon followed them inside, shutting and locking the door during the process. "That picture's hilarious."

"And besides, it really wouldn't make a difference. Other people in our class have a picture of it, too. I could always ask Ino to send me the picture!" Sayuri doesn't let Sasuke say a word this time. She runs up the stairway frantically, as if Sasuke were already chasing her. Much to her surprise, he was.

As she began screaming at Sasuke for him to stop chasing her, Itachi silently chuckled, a smirk appearing on his face. "He obviously loves her."