Chapter 55: Heartbreak

Start from the beginning

"Of course." I knew it was important to him for me to be present. He was someone who loved to be supported, as his wife that was my job. "Bye Stinky." I pecked his lips before heading out of the house.

The limo ride was long, as usual. But we finally made it to LA. I stepped out of the car, the cameras flashing. Tim opened the door to the building for me.

Michael-

I sat in the comfy chair in front of the many lights that were being adjusted. I continuously looked at the clock, hoping Penny would come back sooner than later. I had been feeling vulnerable lately, like I needed Penny everywhere with me. I wasn't complaining but it was odd. I had never felt so dependent on her in the past. But lately the tabloids hadn't been hesitating to try to cripple my name. Of course Penny had been right there beside me, helping me every step of the way.

Eventually it was time for the interview to start.  I stood in a hallway, waiting. "Ladies and gentlemen, Michael Jackson." Oprah said. I walked into the living room. Kissing her on the cheek before sitting down.

"Are you nervous?" I adjusted the pillow.

"What?" I asked, settling down.

"Are you nervous?" She asked once more.

"Umm." I contemplated. "No I'm not nervous." And it was true, I was fairly confident about this.

She began with asking me about rumors, all of them making me completely enraged. Some of them I had never even heard of before. Then she began asking me about my family, my past. My heart ached while I recalled the horrible memories. But then she asked about Penny and my future, and I became calm once more.

"So you've recently gotten married. I'm guessing you had a smaller wedding?" She crossed her legs.

"Yes."

"And how is that going?"

"Oh it's great. It's great." I smiled brightly, my heart rate increasing while I spoke of something I love so much.

"Well I think the public has one big question about you and your future. I think we would like to know if there is a chance you may have children one day?"

My eyebrows rose "Of course. I would feel my life wouldn't be complete if I don't start a family. I want children very badly."

"With Penny?"

"Oh of course with Penny." My voice became more enthusiastic.

"Do you love her?" That's a silly question.

I giggled "Yes I love her. I wouldn't have married her if I didn't love her."

She smiled "Did you date a lot before you met Penny?"

"Well I actually met her when I was 18. We started dating then but eventually ended things. After that I didn't date many girls. Only a couple."

"She married someone else before you is that correct?"

"Yes." My heart ached while I thought of Jake. Who we luckily hadn't been in touch with for years. In fact I have no idea what he's doing today.

"Did that make you sad?"

I tilted my head "Umm, no. Well at the time I was very sad. I felt that that was supposed to be me. I had always wanted to marry her. But now I've never been more content."

"Some pictures from your honeymoon were circling around. Did you enjoy your honeymoon?"

I smiled "Yes. It was beautiful. Very relaxing."