✨Act 1, Scene 1✨

Apathetic.

Cold.

Callous.

These were words that described Gakushu Asano.

Well, at least (Y/N) (L/N) used these words to describe him that way.

She stared at her reflection in the mirror, which seemed to be moving on her own.

She had no clue how to react.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Fate itself!"

After a few seconds of silence, (Y/N) finally spoke, "I'm sorry...?"

(Y/N) continued to stare at her reflection that was for some reason speaking in British accent. She never really believed in a predetermined Fate. She always believed that she was the only person could decide how her life would end up.

She picked up her towel once more, finished drying her hair, and walked out of her bathroom.

"Maybe I should start cutting back on hours to get more sleep..." She mumbled, "I'm starting to see shit..."

"WAIT NO! Don't leave!" Fate cried out.

(Y/N) got dressed into her work uniform, since she had work to go to. Her work uniform consisted of a black dress that reached her knees with sleeves that ended at her elbows, black leggings, a black rectangular waist apron, and black ankle boots.

Fate, who was now (Y/N) wearing her uniform, reappeared in her bedroom mirror, "Please listen to me!"

(Y/N) flinched, "Okay wait... How... How did you-"

"I told you!" Fate sang, "I'm Fate! I'm just using your reflection as a way to communicate with you!"

"So you're a god...?" (Y/N) questioned.

"No, I'm Fate!" Fate repeated, "Now let me explain why I'm talking to you today."

"Riiight..." (Y/N) trailed off.

"I'm the one who paired you and Gakushu Asano together," They told her.

"Ah, so you're the one who made that mistake," She mused.

"It wasn't a mistake," Her own face pouted in the mirror, "I see good things happening to you two!"

(Y/N) started speaking in her own mock British accent, "Oh and mercury is in retrograde which is why global warming exists. Maybe you should go fix that instead of Asano's and my relationship."

"Okay wait... I don't control what planets are in retrograde and that is not at all why global warming exists. Also, don't make fun of me!"

"I am very well aware of how global warming works," (Y/N) rolled her eyes, crossing her arms, "Why did you, if you actually are real and I'm not just having some weird dream, decide to pair us up?"

"You know I can't tell you that~" Fate playfully grinned at her, "That ruins the whole point of you two being soulmates."

"Which is...?" (Y/N) cocked an eyebrow.

"Because soulmates make Earth go round and me, Fate, thrive!" Fate said with a sparkle in (Y/N)'s eyes.

"Okay, but why did it have to be Asano Jr. of all people?" (Y/N) scowled.

"Because you two would be a good duo if you gave each other a chance," Fate stated.

(Y/N)'s reflection morphed into Gakushu's face as Fate continued talking, "He's a wee bit of a charmer, see?"

"He's one of the last people I want to be with," (Y/N) sarcastically laughed.

"Oh come oooonnn..." Fate warped back into (Y/N)'s face, "You two are so infuriating! It's been about three years since you both found out, yet neither of you have even said a word to each other!"