deep dark secrets.

"What the hell was that?" I asked once Melissa and her husband were no longer in sight. My blood was boiling and pulsing through my body at an unusually fast pace, my heart thumping wildly in my chest while Harry stared at me as if a penis was suddenly stemming from my forehead. I watched in utter disbelief as he pretended to not know what I was talking about, by shrugging it off. His eyes were glued to the car-less road ahead. "You can't be serious?" I said.

"Mel was just being Mel. Let it go."

"Just tell me what she said to you."

"Charlie." Hints of irritation present in his tone. "Let it go."

I glared at him. Anger began to wash over me. I took a couple seconds to practice my breathing. "Okay, fine. Let me out." I spoke out whilst unbuckling my safety belt. Harry chuckled, breaking his attention to me every couple of seconds to take in my expression. "I'm serious. Let me out. I'll walk."

"I'm not going to do that."

I inhaled deeply.

"Stop the fucking car!" I yelled all in one exhale, causing Harry to slam on the breaks. My body jolted forward slightly and then fell back gently in my seat.

"She told me a little about the trouble you got into," he confessed angrily as if he didn't want me to know that he knew. His eyes carried a vast amount of disappointment, as they did not meet mine. All of the anger that I felt suddenly transformed into embarrassment and discouragement. I never wanted Harry to find out about the dark secrets of my past from someone else; especially from the mouth of my sister. I had only wished that she would have allowed me to tell him when I was ready. The mere thought of how Melissa spilled the beans to Harry enraged me all over again. Angry, hot tears slowly filled the brim of my eyes. I shut them and squeezed, hoping and praying that the tears would go away. I turned my face and opened the window to allow the cool air to dry the remnants of tears is what I had hoped for. Instead, more began flooding out.

"Charlie."

I inhaled deeply, focused on my thoughts. It was merely impossible for Melissa to disclose all my personal information in all the three measly minutes that I spent talking with Ariana on the phone.

"Charlie."

My attention diverted over to him, whose focus was still on the road but I remained silent.

"It's okay."

It wasn't okay though. I had done some pretty awful things.

"Please don't," was all I managed to spit out.