Ch. 77 - The Miller Family

Start from the beginning

“Wait, no way, I actually got it right?” Adam’s eyes widened.

“Yes, dad, it’s in the kitchen,” Jackie laughed, watching as her father rushed out of the room for his cake, his wife following after him.

I turned to Jackie and smirked.

“What’d I tell you about winning them over with cake?” I winked, taking her hand in mine and we walked towards the kitchen as Jackie let out a cute giggle.

We all sat down on the table and cut the cake to distribute to all four of us. We broke out into different conversations, half of them directed towards Jackie to catch up on lost time with their daughter, and the other half directed towards me to get to know me better.

“So Justin, you play hockey?” Adam looked at me.

“Uh, I used to back in Canada. Not so much anymore since I always keep myself busy,” I said.

“Well I was big on sports back in my day. I was the captain of the basketball team,” he gloated.

“I play basketball too,” I smirked. “I bet I can take you on.”

“Ha! I bet you can,” he laughed. “I haven’t played it in years.”

“And tennis?”

“Oh, that I can beat everyone in,” he said with a smug look on his face.

“Is that a challenge?” I teased.

“Listen, I don’t know how good you think you are but you can’t beat the tennis king.” He pretended to show off his muscles.

I scoffed. “Tennis king? I’m the Tennis God, grandpa.”

“Oh you did not just call me grandpa,” he smirked.

“Oops, is that what I said?” I teased back.

“You wanna go?” he smacked his chest.

“I’ll take you on,” I grinned.

Jackie was giggling beside me, laughing at our conversation as Liv shook her head.

“Men,” she muttered.

“Alright, LET’S GO,” Adam pushed his chair back and stood up.

“OKAY, GO,” I copied his actions.

“Arm wrestle challenge?” he questioned.

“Let’s do it, man.”

We sat back down and locked hands together across the table, counting off and beginning our arm wrestle as Liv rooted for her husband and Jackie was too busy bursting with laughter to support me. We were both tied in strength for a good amount of time before I purposely eyed the cake beside us to distract him and took it as my chance to smack his arm down on the table.

“Oh no, you so cheated,” he said, shaking his head. “We need a rematch.”

“I don’t do rematches,” I laughed.

He rolled his eyes. “What about a push-up match?”

“Now you’re talking,” an evil smile formed on my face.

We got down on the floor and began doing push ups until Adam reached about 52 and was beginning to get tired.

Let’s just say I won that one too.

“I really gotta get back in shape,” he muttered, wiping sweat from his forehead.

“You did great,” I smirked, shaking hands with him. “Now go get fat on cake.”

“Okay,” he winked, tapping my shoulders before I felt my phone vibrate inside my pocket. I picked it up and read the text message that was just sent to me:

Justin, get back to the hotel. It’s important.

- Alfredo

My breath hitched and I looked up at the family in front of me. I locked my phone and joined Jackie and her parents in the kitchen again, giving them an apologetic look.

“It was so nice to meet you two, but I gotta go,” I said.

“What? I’m not done challenging you yet,” Adam pouted.

I chuckled. “I’ll be back soon.”

“What do you mean soon?” Jackie got up from her seat. “You’re going away?”

“No, baby, I just have to deal with something right now. I’ll tell you later, okay?” I kissed her beautiful lips.

“Okay.”

“I’ll text you tonight,” I said, brushing my thumb across her bottom lip before waving at Liv and Adam.

“Bye guys,” I smiled.

“Bye, nice meeting you,” Liv smiled back as Adam simply waved, his mouth full of cake.

I laughed again before turning around and leaving the Miller house.

What’s so important that Fredo needs to see me right now?

I sighed, stuffing my hands inside my pockets.

This better be good.

******************

I wonder what the emergency is…

How’d you guys like the chapter? :)

And holy shit, it’s almost 2015..

- Nina xx