𝟑𝟑 | 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

Start from the beginning

"So when you did the spell to send Vicki away, did that get rid of Anna, too?" Caroline asked Bonnie as both the blonde and Adelaide held the ladder still from either side, while Bonnie was the one at the top, hanging some lanterns up.

"I wish." Bonnie sighed, "All I did was block the magic that was helping Vicki get a physical foothold here." Bonnie had explained to both girls what had happened with the whole Matt and Vicki situation and how Matt had helped Vicki be able to do what she did to Alaric's car. "Jeremy's still got a direct line to the other side, and as long as he wants to see Anna and she wants to see him, she's still here." Bonnie ranted as she climbed down the metal steps slowly, so she didn't fall.

"Okay, you don't think I can actually resist commenting on that." Caroline tried to lighten the mood.

"There. You commented." Bonnie smiled at them sadly. It was Adelaide's brother she was talking about and it made the witch feel awkward because she didn't want to put Elena or Adelaide in a position where they had to side with their best friend over their brother.

"Bonnie-" Caroline scoffed as the witch went to collect another blue lantern from the work bench beside them.

"What do you want me to say, Caroline?" Bonnie argued back. "I went against the balance of nature when I brought Jeremy back to life, and now I'm paying the consequences." And yet Jeremy was the one who got to live a second life and didn't have any consequences to deal with.

"Well, I want you to say you're not okay with it." Caroline vocalised.

"I'm a thousand times not okay with it. I just don't know what to do about it." Bonnie remarked, frowning. Adelaide ran a hand through her hair, frustrated with her brothers actions. Before Caroline could say something else to Bonnie a familiar blue vehicle pulled up next to them. They walked closer to the car, seeing Damon looking at all three of them.

"Greetings, blondie." He smirked at Caroline, "Little Bird," He turned to Adelaide before finally resting his gaze on Bonnie, "Witchy. I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan." Adelaide shared a confused look with Caroline.

"What do you mean? Why?" Bonnie asked him, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Because I'm pretty sure I just got spit-roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost." Adelaide's eyes went wide at the news Damon had told them.

"What?" Bonnie blurted.

"And why would you think that?" Caroline crossed her arms over her chest, a glare in her eyes. It was well known that Caroline hated Damon more than any of the others.

"Maybe because he chained me to a chair and shoved a hot poker in my chest." A small laugh bubbled out of Adelaide's throat as Damon scowled. He sent her a playful glare but she just returned it with a sarcastic smile. "Let's just say I'm having deja vu."

"Well, you did kill him." Adelaide reminded him, titling her head to the side.

"I thought you said that ghosts couldn't physically interact with people." Caroline turned to the witch.

"They can't." Bonnie shook her head quickly, shocked.

"Yeah, well, I don't have time for a vengeful Lockwood. When I kill someone, they're supposed to stay dead." He pointed out angrily.

"Does that go for Alaric as well?" Adelaide imputed, biting her lip.

"What's got you so sarcastic today?" His voice went a pitch higher as he sent Adelaide a look, she just shrugged in response. "Whatever you screwed up, fix it." He told Bonnie before driving off, his tires leaving a screeching noise.

"Is now a good time to mention that I saw Vicki last night?" Adelaide turned towards Bonnie and Caroline who both in sync turned to look at her shocked.

Matt had been putting lanterns up across the street so the three girls went to go and question him to see if he had seen Vicki again.

"I haven't seen Vicki, I swear." Matt not told, a serious look etched upon his face. "I sent her back like you told me to."

"Are you sure? Because she has just as much reason to haunt Damon as Mason Lockwood does." Bonnie said in a quiet voice, not wanting anyone to over hear their conversation.

"She's gone, Bonnie." Matt clarified, "If she was here, I'd know it."

"Why do you think it's Vicki and not Mason?" Caroline asked the shorter girl.

"Because if any ghost other than Vicki Donovan has a physical foothold on our side, then that means Damon's right and something has gone really, really wrong." Adelaide placed a hand upon the upset and worried witches shoulder, trying to comfort her.

"I've had enough of this ghost stuff to last forever. So you guys can leave me out of this one." Matt told them. Caroline sent him a sympathetic look while Adelaide couldn't help but roll her eyes - he had been the one to give Vicki a physical foothold on our side.

"I feel so sad for him," Caroline started as Matt walked away, "It took a lot for him to send his sister away." The other two nodded, Bonnie staring after him sadly. "So much strength as a man." The blonde smiled, hinting at Bonnie.

"I've got a ghost problem to deal with, Caroline. Save the Jeremy lecture for later." Bonnie warned her, tired of all the supernatural business.

Bonnie went to pick her bag up but groaned as it opened and her stuff fell out. She went to pick the grimoire up but stepped back in surprise as it flicked open.

"Okay, did your grimoire just..." Adelaide trialed off, sharing a look with the other two girls.

"I think so." Bonnie stuttered before reaching down to pick the old spell book up.

"Okay, please tell me that's a recipe for witch cookies." Caroline begged, but knew it wasn't what she was hoping for.
"When is it ever something as good as cookies?" Adelaide commented, wanting a cookie now.

"It's a manifestation spell." Bonnie read from the book. "It's used to reveal veiled matter." She explained with the other two looking over her shoulder down to the old coloured pages.

"What's veiled matter?" Caroline questioned them.
"Ghosts." Both Bonnie and Adelaide said at the same time, looking at each other.

Adelaide sighed, "We just can't have one normal day, can we?"

________

Last episode of part two! Then we move on to part three where the Originals will be a lot more involved - well Klaus and Rebekah will for most of it. There should be either one more or two more chapters for part two and I'll probably get them all done tonight. 

⧫ 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝟎𝟖 // 𝟎𝟕 // 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 ⧫