Chapter 5

"You got the job!" Rachelle screamed as she and Cara Mia jumped up and down in the small dance room at Danvers Dance Academy. "This is amazing, Cara! How excited are you?"

Cara Mia sat down with Rachelle as they began stretching. "I'm honestly still in shock. I never knew a dream job for me would ever exist, but here it is and it's mine." They smiled happily as they talked about the audition.

Rachelle Wilson was one of Cara Mia's best friends and a fellow dancer. The two met when they were 18 and she had first moved to New York City from upstate New York at auditions for Danvers. The two bonded over their love for dance, Cara Mia's ability to love so deeply for those she cared about and Rachelle's wit and hilarious sense of humor. Rachelle and Cara Mia were very protective of one another and that further fortified their friendship.

They had known one another for about ten years and there never seemed to be a dull moment in their friendship. Rachelle Wilson came from money as her mother was a best-selling author of numerous New York Times Best Sellers, while her father came from old money and was the CEO of one of the top Fortune 500 companies. Growing up the way she did laid the foundation for who Rachelle would become as an adult.

Unlike the children of her parents' friends, Rachelle took pleasure in using the wealth she had for good. Rachelle had various charities she donated to, as well as, sponsored a dozen of inner-city seniors with college scholarships every year.

Rachelle did a world of good for others, but she held a destructive streak when it came to herself, mainly when it came to relationships. Cara Mia would tell her that the time would come for her to settle down and she would simply cackle in her face. Rachelle wasn't going to worry about her love life or lack thereof, but rather on having the most fun spoiling her friends.

After a few months of knowing one another, Rachelle got Cara Mia to move out of her shoebox of an apartment and into the five-bedroom home she owned with her and her best friend, Ava Johansson just outside of the city.

When Ava and Cara Mia met, they instantly liked one another. There was no drama or jealousy over Rachelle's friendship. It was as if Cara Mia was the missing piece to their inevitable trio. Ava and Rachelle had known one another since they were 16 years old.

They had literally bumped into one another outside of a charity event that Rachelle's family was hosting and Ava worked. They balanced one another out in ways that was needed. Rachelle was wild and carefree, while Ava seemed to take on the maternal role and care for everyone.

Ava and Cara Mia were close from day one and bonded deeply through tragedy. Like Cara Mia, Ava's parents were murdered. While her parents were shot and killed in a drive-by, Cara Mia's parents and grandmother were shot and killed while being robbed. Rachelle couldn't begin to understand the pain they were dealing with when they first met, but she was the best friend they needed in that she found ways to liven them up and make them laugh no matter the scenario.

"We're going to celebrate tonight!" Rachelle cheered, fist pumping her arm in the air. Cara Mia laughed. "I have a date." Rachelle ceased all movement and clutched her chest. "Well excuse the hell out of me!" She gasped. "Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?" Cara Mia rolled her eyes and went to grab her bag.

"Oh, no you don't. You don't get to leave without giving me some answers." Cara Mia looked back at her best friend and sighed. "The Cara Mia I know would never be caught dead going on a date. And I quote 'I don't have time for dates and relationships, Rachelle. I have to stay focused on me and my goals.' Do you remember that mantra, CM?" Rachelle asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, I remember, but this guy is different. He's worth it." Cara Mia couldn't help but think of Gianni in that moment. She was still freaked out that they had just met that morning, but she felt like she had known him for years. Everything about him was effortless.