Chapter 32

TW: Mention of Rape

"Ava dear, I'm sure this is all a lot to take in. I figured it would be so I got you a present." Nikolai motioned with one finger and shortly after a man was walked out. Ava's eyes grew wide while Gianni and Luca exchanged looks and then stared back at the man.

"Who is this?" Rachelle asked looking at Ava. "Ian O'Brien." Ava said looking at the man that made up her nightmares for so many years. Ian looked everywhere but at Ava and it angered her. He didn't get to ignore her. "Ian here was a curator for my family. He was damn good at it especially at trafficking women." Nikolai smiled.

"Then I found out that he was sporting new ink on his forehead thanks to the Petrillo boys that would be very bad for business." Nikolai went over to move Ian's grown out hair to reveal the word rapist in big block letters. Ava looked at Luca and then back at the tattoo and laughed. It surprised everyone in the room including her, but she couldn't stop.

Luca knew Ava had cracked. This was all too much too soon and she had finally snapped. "I found it funny also, my love, until I did some digging and eventually found out you were the one he raped." Nikolai's tone was deadly. "I don't like when people touch my things. I brought Ian here as a present to you, Ava. I wanted to show you that unlike Luca I will do whatever it takes to make sure you're safe."

Nikolai brought out a gun and aimed it at Ian's head. "No, Nikolai! Please don't!" Ava stood up and blocked him. Nikolai looked at her like she was crazy. "I know he's a monster, but you're a doctor. Sworn to protect all life. Please don't do this. I'm not asking you to do this." He stroked cheek. "You're an angel, you know that?" In a swift move Nikolai moved Ava behind him and shot Ian right between the eyes.

The sob that left Ava's mouth could not be contained. She began to shake with an anguish she hadn't felt since her parents died as the reality of what just occurred and all the information told hit her. Cara Mia fought against her binds as the bile rose. In seconds she was leaned over vomiting. Gianni couldn't take seeing Cara Mia like this.

Luca wanted nothing more than to scoop Ava up and run away from everything, but as she shook with newfound grief he questioned if she would ever look at him the same. Nikolai chuckled lightly as he took a handkerchief to wipe Cara Mia's mouth. He handled her with such care one moment, but hurt her the next.

"Now then...let's get back to negotiations...need that access to your posts." Nikolai sat down while pulling Ava into his lap. Gianni looked at him furiously. "Why the hell do you want access to my posts?!" Nikolai looked at his nails as if bored. "You have clients I've been trying to reach for years. Your damn code restrictions are bad for business, Petrillo. It's time for a new trade era." Gianni shook his head furiously. "You're out of your got damn mind," Gianni growled angrily. "Be reasonable, this is their lives on the line." He motioned to the women crying in front of them. Gianni could tell that Nikolai was mocking him.

"Gianni...don't..." Rachelle spoke. "The bitch still speaks. Looks like she wasn't hit hard enough," Nikolai said about to move when Ava stopped him. "You promised." Nikolai looked at her and smiled. "You're going to be the death me, Ava Marcelle. Isn't she just perfect, Luca?" Nikolai taunted. Nikolai ran his hands through Ava's hair and moaned.

"Luca, when I met with you guys you never told me how good Ava tasted." Luca's eyes went wide as he looked from Nikolai to Ava who just looked broken. "You can't blame her, Luca. I didn't really give her a choice. I told her she could either spread her legs for me or watch as I put a bullet in your skull." Luca visibly shook with rage. "I'm sorry," Ava cried as fresh tears fell. "Va bene amore mio. Risolverò questo. (It's okay, my love. I will fix this.)"

Giovanni stuck a triangular device on to the building and clicked a button on his watch as a small screen loaded up. He took a quick glance and majestically started his ascent up the building wall. Finding a small window, he pushed it up and swiftly jumped inside landing quietly on the floor before him.