"For what?" Asked Jolly suddenly.

"As proof he is dead."

After a moment of silence Irisu spoke up, "Dante you just said he was dead."

"I know! But they want solid proof! I said if he's not here now then he is dead, but they want a full record!"

Nova looked at Mondo thoughtfully.

"It might be hard to retrieve records that old and it's from way before I started organizing that side of things-"

"I know, Nova. It's well before your time. But there were records. I'm sure of that. It was not something I dealt with though. "

"Oh, there's someone who will know where they are?" Asked Nova.

Mondo looked at Sumire again who urged him to continue.

"Yes. The person who was in charge of this before was Moreno."

There was an uncomfortable silence until Nova spoke in a stiff voice.

"Then send a letter to him."

"I would have done that if it was possible but matters regarding the island security even if it is from long ago are not something we can take so lightly."

Nova bit back the urge to scream. He finally understood why he had been called here.

Jolly on the other hand was no longer paying any attention to the conversation. The minute Mondo said that man's name, he realised that the only person who was required here was Nova and the rest of them were called in only to set the mood.

"So? What do you want to do?" Asked Nova dully.

Mondo felt a bit guilty now. He was really putting the boy in a spot. He almost considered saying that it was nothing worth his time and Jolly would take care of everything.

But Sumire swiftly spoke up.

"Nova, Papa was wondering if you will visit Moreno and discuss the matter with him."

"I don't really have a choice right?" he said quietly. "When do I go?"

"No time like the present!" Said Mondo.

Nova was rather taken aback by this.

"Wait! What? What about-"

"I'm sure your subordinates will handle the office for a day! The sooner you go, the sooner we find the records and Dante can send those officials away! Dante, you can sail today right?!"

Dante nodded.

"Sherlene can handle the departmental work for today. If we leave within two hours we can get back by late evening."

"Good! Go and get things ready! Nova! If you have any work to delegate, do it!"

Nova accepted silently. He should have known that sooner or later they would stop pressurising him and actually push him over the edge.

Nova left the office without even sparing a look at Sumire. It was obvious she was the perpetrator.

Mondo and Dante left immediately, deep in discussion.

Irisu stood by arranging the chairs, waiting for Jolly to leave so that she wouldn't have to hear whiny complaints of his precious time being wasted.

After circling around for some time, hoping for Irisu to join him, Jolly gave up and left.

"Why are you so hell-bent on making him do something he doesn't want?" Asked Irisu.

Sumire gave a mild smile.

"I don't expect you to understand."

"Oh really?!"

"Perhaps Nova doesn't want it, but for how long is he going to hold this grudge? She writes so often just wishing to hear from him.

At times you have to be harsh to get certain people to realise the value of things they take for granted in their life. It's something only a mother will understand."

Anger burnt inside Irisu at this snide remark but she controlled the urge to fling a chair at her.

She walked to the door and then spat out in a cold voice "Hypocritic hag! If you really cared about something like that, you wouldn't be denying a poor mother from seeing her son! "

Without waiting for a reply she slammed the door and left.

Sumire stared at the door in silence. She really did walk right into that one. Also it was true that she had gone a bit too far with those last words.

Why does she always bring out the worst in me?

Nova was still dragging his feet down the corridor when Irisu stormed past him. He could hear her cursing under her breath but he made no move to approach her.

As he walked to his office in silence he wondered why it mattered so much to them. He didn't really mind the roundabout manipulation to get him to meet his parents.

But it hurt that Mama didn't even consider his own feelings about this.

He could never forgive his parents.

I will never forgive someone who tried to hurt my family.