Chapter 19

"Can we go out on that?" Asked Elina looking at the ship.

"Yes. But we need to get permission first and Dante has to come too and-"

Elina immediately cut short Nova's rambling.

"Do you know how to sail a ship?"

"Um... no. Liberta helps Dante someti-"

"When can we go,Liberta?" Elina immediately turned to Liberta ignoring poor Nova.

Felicita stood by watching this with a smile. She knew how hard Nova found it to talk to other people casually but he actually was trying. Unfortunately Elina wasn't the slightest bit interested.

They had started out for the pier with Morgan, Sherlene and Elina. But the other two had wandered off soon. They seemed more interested in checking out the shops than the harbour.

Felicita didn't want to leave them unaccompanied but they seemed to get along well. So she decided to stick with the others.

She thought over what Mama had told her that morning- about the last member, Jacob. She hadn't said much except for how Felicita had to ensure that he was left alone. Mama said that she would explain the reason soon but for now Felicita was to simply act as she was asked to.

"Shall we head back?" Said Elina finally.

"You are bored already?" Said Liberta with a grin.

"No, I saw what I wanted to see. Now I want to see where Nova works." She replied in a flat voice.

Nova looked at her in confusion and then nodded politely. He had no idea what she was planning but he wanted to go back too and so decided to risk it.

Elina gave one final look at the ship. She longed to get on it. It had been so long. It wasn't that she particularly liked it, but there were memories. Happy and painful memories. She never thought she would get the chance again, but now that she had, she wanted to make full use of it.

She didn't want to make any new memories. It wasn't worth it. She will use the incentives these people were offering to get back on her feet again and gather information.

And then I'll run....

She trailed behind them as they chatted happily.

I'll not fall for the same trap again.....

Felicita was feeling quite tired by the time she got back to the house. The simple reason being Morgan and Sherlene had joined them again. Or more specifically Morgan.

She didn't understand what Liberta had against him. Morgan spoke in a very mature tone with him but Liberta seemed to think it was condescending in some way.

Now that I think of it he does sound a bit sarcastic all the time... but he's been quite friendly with everyone else so far. Even Elina seems to like him.

Debito and the gang had just got back too. They came over to greet them when Luca suddenly noticed something.

"Ojou!! Are you alright?!"
"Hm?" Felicita looked up at him. It couldn't be that obvious she was tired right.

"Ojou!! You look so tired!! Are you sick?! Do you want me to get you something?!"

Felicita went red. She didn't want Luca to fuss over him like this. It felt even more embarrassing to be treated like a spoilt kid in front of so many people.

"I'm fine." She mumbled.
"No you are not! Go rest! I'll take care of everything!"

Felicita tried to protest but had a feeling Luca would only make it worser if she didn't relent.

"I just need some air. I'll be back after that!" She forced a smile.

She walked off towards the back garden after that.

Air.... seriously.....

It was a silly excuse. She had been out so long and wanting more air sounded absurd. At first she had thought it would be nice to have so many people around her but she was feeling quite tired of playing the host. It wasn't rightof her to wish for some chaos on Regalo but she still wanted to blow off steam.

She was about to flop down under a shady tree when she noticed somebody was already there on the other side.

She took a peek curiously and saw a young man with his eyes closed and apparently asleep. He had pale pink hair and he looked so peaceful that Felicita decided to leave, so as not to disturb him.

But at that moment he opened his eyes and sat up. He noticed Felicita looking at him and turned to her with an expressionless face.

"I-I'm Sorry!" Said Felicita. She was feeling a bit flustered and tried to leave. But the lack of any response from the youth made her stop.

"Who are you?" She asked with a smile even though she was pretty sure she knew who it was.

There was still no response. He just continued to look at her with his brilliant green eyes. The eyes were devoid of emotion and Felicita felt a bit awkward having this one-sided conversation. So she again smiled and decided to answer the question herself.

"You are Jacob right? I'm Felicita. I'm Mama's daughter!"

She waited to see if he would say anything. But she was surprised when Jacob just stood up, and with a slight nod walked away.

I'll just ask Mama later.... I wonder where he was in Regalo all along......