Chapter 44

Lucia stepped out into the garden and smiled happily as the harsh sunlight shone down on her.

It is so sunny!!!! No way will there be a storm!!!

Then she noticed the small group of people, neatly lined up and listening attentively to Nova.

Elina looked less like a beggar now as she was dressed in a neat suit. But nothing had changed about her attitude - she was slouching at the end of the line and yawning most shamelessly.

They are going to be busy with office stuff today! Good! Everything will be fine atleast for today!

"Good morning, Lucia! Slept well?"

"Aunty Irisu!"

The girl hugged her happily and enjoyed the cuddles that followed. To her this was the sweetest, most beautiful, most kindest person on this island.

If they are really going to make me leave, I will most definitely take her with me!!

Irisu listened to Lucia's random chattering while keeping an eye on Nova. The minute he stopped speaking, Irisu yelled out his name.

The boy will continue for a solid ten more minutes if I don't stop him now.

"What's the matter?" Asked Nova walking over.

"Papa called for us. Something came up. "

Nova nodded his head.

"Give me a minute to disperse them."

"Okay. Hurry up. Think it's important."

After Nova went off, Lucia tugged Irisu's hand solemnly.

"Is everything alright?" She asked.

"Yes! Just have some work! Why don't you go have breakfast? I thought I saw Morgan, Cecil and his sisters over there! I think Elmo's gonna be a bit busy today so I'll come looking for you after I'm done! How does that sound?"

"Oh ok"

Lucia badly wanted to ask what they were busy about. It wasn't that she could do anything but it made her feel as if she was a part of this place.

Irisu left with Nova after that and Lucia wandered off to find her "breakfast friends".

It will be fine today!! Even if it rains, as long as everyone is safe inside it's all fine!!

"I apologize for the sudden meeting but we have a small problem. It's regarding the Coastal Prison."

Mondo looked at the small group assembled in the room - Sumire, Jolly, Dante, Irisu and Nova.

Sumire already knew the details and gave a nervous glance at Nova before looking back at Mondo and nodding at him to go on.

"A few foreign officials had been contacting us recently regarding a certain prisoner's records. They want us to hand over any reports we may have on him from the time he arrived on the island. "

"Is there reason we don't want to share his details?" Asked Nova "We have all the records in the office. It would take only a few hours to get them all."

"Yes I understand. But there's a small complication. Dante?"

Dante nodded and took over.

"Apparently the prisoner whose records they need is from over thirty years ago."

"What? Why are they looking for something like that?" Asked Nova.

"I asked the same thing. It has something to do with his property and family. They need to confirm some legal proceedings but that man had died a prisoner here and they want us to give them whatever we have on him. "