Chapter 27

"Don't you think you should talk to her?" Asked Luca again to Mikino.

"No. And why are you more worried about my sister than me?"

Luca scowled and turned away. This girl was insensitive and rude.

"Luca... Do you have a handkerchief ?"

Luca turned and saw Felicita standing behind.

"Ye- Ojou!! Your ears are bleeding!"

"It's ok.... " Said Felicita even as Luca rushed over and started to fuss with her.

"Shove off!" Said Debito suddenly coming over and pushing Luca.

"But Mila-"

"I'll handle it! And it's your turn! And Cecil is already up!"

"I'll be back soon!" Shouted Luca running off.

Round 1: Match 3 - Luca VS Cecil

"Back soon... " Muttered Debito as he gently wiped the blood from Felicita's ear " I hope he doesn't throw the match or something... "

"Luca wouldn't do that... " Said Felicita with a smile. She was feeling better now but she wondered if she had been a bit too reckless back there.

Mikino stood at the side looking at her quietly. She saw Luca now in the arena fidgeting nervously with his fingers. Cecil on the other hand was standing there silently as if in a world of his own.

Mikino saw her sister still standing far away, but her eyes were on the two in the arena too.

Mikino wasn't worried about her sister, but she wondered what had made her act like that.

Was it really an accident or did she want to hurt Felicita?

"Start!" Said Irisu.

Mikino turned away. She didn't need to watch. She went to Felicita and tapped her on the shoulder.

"I apologize for my sister. For everything."

"It's ok... " Said Felicita turning to face her.

"You shouldn't lie to me."

Felicita paused.

"Why- Did I do anything to make her angry?"

Felicita tried to act nonchalant but knew it won't work on her.

I should never have read her heart.............

"Oh" Said Debito suddenly.

"What?" Asked Felicita.

"It's over" He replied quietly.

It took a moment for her to realise what he was talking about. She turned to the arena. Luca was on his knees and Cecil was pointing a sword at his throat.

"Yield" Said Cecil looking down at Luca.

Luca looked at his hands. He could use his alchemy to attack back but.......

The sword pressed closer to his throat. Luca froze. This feeling he didn't know.

Is this his arcana or.....

Yield

"I yield" Said Luca.

Cecil dropped his hand and moved away. The crowd was a bit unsure what to do. There had been no intense fight. No mind games. It had ended in less than a minute.

"Cecil wins!" Said Irisu. The crowd was looking at him with curiousity. Even they had no idea how it had ended so fast.

Irisi looked at Cecil who had now walked back. She noticed that his sisters were also looking at him. But the look in their eyes was different.

Why do I see fear......

"Luca!!! Did you really do that to get back to Bambina?!"

"What... No... " Luca didn't know how it had happened either. He had no intention of giving in but when Cecil had asked him to yield..... Or was it even Cecil........?

"You can win in round two!" Said Mikino with a forced laugh.

"Now it's my turn!" Said Liberta finally looking lively. "Let's go Pace!"

Round 1: Match 4 - Liberta VS Pace

The fight between these two was much longer and more entertaining to the crowd. Pace used his physical strength to keep Liberta under his hold while Liberta used his sword to keep pushing him back.

Though the fight was so intense, a few people there were deep in their own thoughts.

Luca saw Yukino go up to Cecil and say something. Then she walked off and joined her sister.

He could sense something going on between them. And he had a feeling it was to do with Cecil. Nobody else seemed to notice, and even he wouldn't have if he had not been so close to him back then.

But Luca didn't know if he should tell this to someone. Even if he had to, the only person he could trust this kind of thing with was his mother. And unfortunately she was now next to Jolly, the last person he trusted in the world.

Cecil leaned back against the wall. His hands were trembling slightly but it stopped when he place then on the hilt of his sword. He was feeling slightly feverish but he knew he would be fine. Once he was out there, he would feel so much more alive.

Dominate them

I... Will win

Cecil tried to steady his thoughts. He wanted to stop but he had come too far. It was only the thought of his sisters that was helping him keep his sanity.

As long as they yield...... It will be fine.....

The crowd was cheering now. The battle had come to an end with Liberta winning. This had been a proper fight and Pace had finally been defeated in a straight-forward manner and so the crowd was much more happy now.

High up in the stands Papa watched with a smile. Though this was a test for the new additions, he was pleased to see the others doing well too.

"I sense a madness............ "

Papa turned to look at Kafka who had muttered this.

"What do you mean, old sir?" He asked with a laugh.

"A madness....... But it is not sane like mine........ Oh no........ This is a madness for blood....... "