𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕 | 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒂 |

Start from the beginning

"There's also a letter," Thea said, taking out of her dress pocket the letter she had written, detailing the Queen's plan and the part Roselynn had in it.

Danielle stood up as well and joined the two Ladies. She had not been made aware of the letter or its contents, but she didn't find it too surprising. After all, she knew the Queen didn't truly trust her.

"She said you should open it first," Thea said, glancing discreetly at Danielle. Roselynn understood what she meant.

"Very well," Lady Roselynn said, very intrigued as to what the Queen could have sent her.

She broke the seal and found a letter along with a key inside.

"I assume this opens it," she said placing the key beside the chest and went on to read.

"I see," She folded the letter back and placed it in her dress pocket. "Oh, but where are my manners, you two must be tired from the journey. I'll show you to your rooms so you can get some rest and then we can all have dinner afterwards,"

As she led them to their rooms she asked about their journey and then inquired about the gossip she'd been hearing.

"I heard some rumours about you and Prince Darren," she turned to Lady Danielle. "Is it true you two are to be married?"

"It's true," Lady Danielle said unable to help a giggle and a girly smile. "He asked me to marry him,"

"Wow, that's... that's very surprising," Roselynn said, slightly shocked. "But such good news," she added quickly. "Congratulations," She said enthusiastically and gave Danielle a big hug.

"Thank you," Danielle replied. "I'm very excited about it,"

"Of course you are, he's such a good catch. You're so lucky. To be honest, I never thought he would ever marry anyone, you know what they say about him, but he must really love you to have asked you,"

Danielle nodded with a smile.

"This is your room," Roselynn stopped at a big yellow door, "but you must tell me everything at dinner. How he asked, what you said, just everything. Ah, we could even help you plan the wedding, oh, this will be so much fun!"

"I will, yes, that would be nice," Danielle said, glad Roselynn was sharing her excitement. She hadn't felt a genuine congratulation from Lady Thea, and let's not even mention Queen Imira's reaction, but hearing Lady Roselynn's enthusiasm made her feel very nice. She was finally going to get what she wanted.

"Three to four days I can come up with plans and activities, but I don't know about an entire week," Roselynn said.

"We just need to allow Prince Dean to reach Cair Paravel and convince Prince Darren to end things with her," Thea said.

After dropping Danielle at her guest-room, they had convened at Roselynn's.

"I know we don't like her but is this sabotage really necessary? Perhaps Queen Imira's efforts would be better spent getting used to the idea. She seemed very happy when she confirmed the news,"

"I know, but it appears this has more to do with Datramite politics than with Imira not liking her,"

"Really?"

Thea nodded. "Did you not you hear the rumours about Prince Darren and that foreign Princess?"

"There are always rumours about Prince Darren and some other girl whenever he returns to Datram. You know how he is. That's why I was careful to believe those rumours about marrying Lady Danielle. I've always thought of him as more of a..."