Chapter 26 - Jordan's Confession

I'm sorry bout the lack of pages in the previous chapters but I promise that the next chapter will be longer, thanks for the under understanding :)

------------------------------------------------------

Jordan's P.O.V

*after they left the room

Great! Now all I have to worry bout is how to ask Heather to go on a date with me. God, I'm so nervous! I took the chance and glanced over at her face. Her expression said she was curious and concerned about what I wanted to speak to her about. I do admit the last time she was asked to speak to someone alone she ended up kicking him out of the pack.

We walked into Heather's room in complete silence, I shut the door quietly behind me and turned around to face her, she was just staring at me, her face was wiped of every emotion but her eyes showed the concern that was surely eating her alive.

"Are you alright Jordan?" Heather asked, concern was literally dripping from her voice.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine," I stuttered out....way to act cool there! "Heather I know that Drake is your mate but how do you feel about that?"

Heather sighed deeply and dropped her gaze to the ground, "Upset and angry. That's how I feel, Why in the world would the fates make me mates with the most selfish Alpha I know. All he does in go around sleeping with girls and I'm just plain sick of it. I don't want him as a mate and frankly I don't think he deserves a mate....He only cares about me now because he know's how strong I am."

I listened to her silently and felt slightly relieved, knowing that she didn't want her mate...That means I can ask her out, right?

I ran a hand through the mop that I call my hair and sighed deeply, "Would you like to go out with me? You don't have to say yes if you don't want to, since I remember the last time you went out with someone James cheated on you but I defiantly won't do that-" I quickly shut my mouth when I realised that I had started ranting, I could feel my checks go bright red...almost the same colour as my hair!

Heather stared at me, her mouth was hanging slightly ajar making it easy for her to catch flies. Slowly she closed her mouth and brought her hands together nervously, obviously having a inner battle inside her heart and mind.

Heather's P.O.V

I stood there with probably the most stupid look I could muster, my mind and heart had turned in to war zones and I felt as if time itself has frozen.

Should I say yes and risk heartbreak? Or no, without even giving Jordan a chance?

____________________________________________________________

look, just let me know if you want Heather to say yes or no

and in the next chapter I'll explain why Gaby and Emmerson don't want their mates :)