[43] Forty Third Scalpel

JAXON 43
I know this is so late, but Happy Legality to my BFF, Trisha. Hehehe. Ito na gift mo.

Jaxon didn't know how to react. He just stood there, immobile, and it seems like his mind was playing tricks on his eyes to see some illusions on him. His hold to Macey's hand tightened but as he stares at the woman in front of him, it loosens and he's also waiting for her to disappear into thin air.

Since he knows the truth about Maxey, he didn't think of Maxine since then. Tapos na siyang magpaalam sa puntod ng dalaga ilang buwan na ang nakalilipas. He had a hard time choosing Macey, but when he finally decided to turn his back to Maxine that night, he really chose Macey, pero parang ilang hakbang pa lang ang nagagawa niya paalis, hinila na kaagad siya ni Maxine paharap sa kaniya.

"M-max?" he called again. Trying to check if the woman in front of him was really Maxine.

Maxine smiled at him. "Jax." She called.

He blinks, and doesn't know how to react to her. Unti-unti na niyang napag-dudugtong dugtong ang sinabi sa kaniya ni Nami tatlong linggo na ang nakalilipas. He noticed the loop holes in Nami's confession about Macey but he never expected this much that it would be Maxine.

Macey risked her life for this?

For what?

For guilt?

Or For him?

Guilt because Maxine was involved to her mission because Maxine became a hindrance because he's in a relationship with Maxine...or Macey did it for him because what?

If Macey is a selfish kind of woman, she wouldn't make Maxine alive. She will just let Maxine die so she could have her way to him because Macey loves her.

But what is this?

"You're...alive." Kumunot ang noo niya. Hindi niya alam kung anong sasabihin ko ikikilos. He's literally in the middle of two woman he treasures the most. Like he's back to starting line, and he has to choose again.

But then, his thoughts were suddenly pulled out when Maxine ran to him and hugged him tightly while he's still holding Macey's hand. Kaagad na bumilis ang tibok ng puso niya sa hindi niya alam na dahilan. Wala siyang ibang ginawa kundi ang hayaan lang si Maxine na yakapin siya, pero hindi rin niya kayang tanggalin ang pagkakayakap nito, kagaya ng muling paghigpit niya sa kamay ng walang malay na si Macey. He doesn't want to let go of her as well.

"I...missed you so much." Maxine whispered to her, as her voice broke. Hugging him tighter. Hindi siya nakasagot at nanatili siyang nakatayo habang pinapagitnaan ng dalawang babaeng mahalaga sa kaniya. His heart was beating for the both of them to the point he can't do anything.

Macey.

Yet, he felt a movement against his hands. A small movement that woke his system up in an instant. Kaagad siyang napalingon sa direksyon ni Macey, and he saw how her eyelids moved, and Macey's hand continuously squeezing his hands. It was an involuntary movement.

He carefully pulled away from the hug of Maxine and looked at her for a moment. He smiled and touched her cheek. "We'll talk...later."

Maxine just stepped backward before he focused himself to Macey. He immediately pulled his flashlight on the pocket of his robe before checking Macey as he pushed the emergency button above her bed. Unti-unting dumilat ang mga mata ng dalaga na para bang inaalam nito ang paligid kung nasaan siya.

Macey couldn't talk because of the oxygen masked attached to her, as well as the tube on her mouth to help her heart and lungs to breath because of her condition. Macey's still in daze but he saw how her eyes got misty when their eyes met.