[26] Twenty Sixth Scalpel

JAXON 26

WHEN Macey thought that she'll feel Jaxon's hug once again, she never expected that it would be a hug that will protect her. A realization that Jaxon may be confused, but he would go this far just to protect her. She's not dumb not to notice that Jaxon's guarding her that he thought she wouldn't notice.

But she knows.

And that's why she's hoping. She keeps going on.

"J-jaxon..." she felt herself trembled when she felt the impact. She knows what it was. Her mind went blank. Jaxon kept on hugging her but then, she can feel his weight on hers...slowly. Parang dumadagan ito sa kaniya unti-unti. Wala sa sariling napatingin siya sa likuran.

She saw a man, walking away from them, holding a gun.

"Fuck...Are you okay?" Jaxon's question was almost a whisper. Napakurap siya. Jaxon tried to stand still but then, with Macey's trembling hands, she moved it down slowly. Naramdaman niya kaagad ang pamilyar na likido sa kamay niya. It was sticky, and wet.

"Jaxon..."

"I'm fine..." He told her. Lumingon ito sa likuran kung san'n nanggaling ang tama nito.

Unti-unting nanlabo ang paningin niya. Worry immediately consumed her insides, and she doesn't even know what to do but to shed tears, but she has to move.

"N-no...you're not!" She suppressed her sob as she pushed Jaxon away from his embrace. She wants to savor his hug so bad, specially at times like this that Jaxon's slowly opening up to her, but fate is just always cruel to her.

Jaxon winced. Macey moved and slowly put Jaxon's arms on her nape, and guided him back to his car, but this time, Jaxon was seated on the passenger's seat. Nang makapasok siya sa driver's seat ay sapo sapo ng binata ang sugat nito sa tagiliran.

"Macey...t-they're after you..."

She thought of things to do. Ransacking her mind to think of possible first aid. Binuksan niya ang compartment to check pero wala siyang nakita. The whole car was empty. Nang tumingin siya kay Jaxon ay nakapikit angmga mata nito at namamawis na.

Hinaplos niya ang buhok nito. "Hold on," She tried to put pressure on his wound. Jaxon winced because of the contact. She calmed herself down.

"H-hide..." He gritted his teeth. "T-they're going to hurt you..."

"Jaxon, can you hear me?" She touched his face. She ignored his worries. She doesn't care about it now. mas mahalaga si Jaxon kaysa sa sarili niya. If she'll lose Jaxon, she definitely, she'll lost herself too.

"Clearly." He answered in his weak voice. "Calm down-"

"P-please hold on...you know what to do at times like this, right?" she asked.

His eyes slightly opened, and their eyes met. "Calm...down." He smiled trying to comfort her.

She didn't answer him. It's the kind of smile that she doesn't want to see. Not like this. It's like they're playing with her. Ang unfair.Bakit ngayon pa ngingiti si Jaxon? Why at times like this? What's the use? She breathes, and just sit back on the driver's seat. She wiped her tears away.

"I'm taking you to the hospital," She said firmly.

"N-no..." Jaxon winced again.

She started to drive. Speeding up to reach the hospital as soon as possible. She's worried to hell. Different scenarios keep on coming to her mind, and she's more than scared than a while ago. She can't lose Jaxon too. She already lost her grandparents; she can't lose Jaxon too.