[20] Twentieth Scalpel

Stay Safe

Keep Praying!  

Happy Reading! 

***

After almost one hour, they reached the said place. Dumaan pa muna kasi sila sa isang convenience store para bumili ng pagkain para maibigay kung kinakailangan. Macey looked at the whole surroundings with full of trees, and tall grasses, yet there are still houses. Hindi nga lang dikit dikit ang mga bahay tulad nang ilang nadaanan nila kanina. This was the ideal house in provinces though.

"What's the number of the house?" Jaxon asked while slowly driving. Hinahanap na kasi nila ang eksaktong lugar ng address. Good thing, there are light posts around, and it's not too dark for them to look for a place.

"#7." She answered while looking around too. Nasa picture na binigay niya ang hitsura ng bahay at ang anak ng staff kanina. "Hindi naman natin makikita ang numbers, Jax. Madilim na."

"That's exactly what I'm telling you, gabi na para pumunta dito."

She sighed. "And I'm telling you, there's a lot of things could happen." She paused. "You remember the kid earlier? His allergies seem to be attacking for days already kaya gan'on ka na kalala. What if, ganoon din 'yung pupuntahan natin? What if hindi napuntahan ng team namin 'yon and it will take tomorrow or the other day to give them help? You're a doctor. Alam mo na ang sagot diyan."

"But you didn't finish the check ups in the evacuation center." Pangongontra ni Jaxon.

"We checked every people a while ago so shortly before calling it a day. 'yung mga natira ay hindi severe tulad nang mga naunang pasyente." She made sure of that dahil siya mismo ay umikot, at namahagi rin sila nang ilang gamot in case of emergency, and some of their staffs volunteered to stay at the evacuation center, for a stand by.

"Every patient is a priority." He tried to argue with her, and she's enjoying it.

"Yes, Doctor Skyler?" She grinned.

Jaxon shut his mouth and focused on the road.

"I think that's the place." Jaxon said. Napatingin din tuloy siya sa tinuro nito. It was a small house, and it's obviously, there's a source of light inside the house.

Nilingon niya si Jaxon. "Pa'no mo alam?"

"Sa dami ng bahay na dinaanan natin, 'yan lang ang may ilaw."

Jaxon stopped the car. Both of them wore their mask and stepped out of the car. Holding a small paper bag, containing the foods, and the medical kits.

Macey knocked on the door as soon as they are on the door step. Few moments later, a middle-aged woman opened the door for them. "Sino po sila?"

She smiled beneath her mask. "I'm Macey po. Good evening!"

"ay, magandang gabi 'din hija." The woman seems to let her guards down upon hearing Macey's voice. Napaka-amo naman kasi ng boses nito.

"Uhm, kayo po ba si..." Macey took the small paper from Jaxon and read what's written on the paper. "Mrs. Luzviminda Cruz?" Macey asked. Kinuha niya ang litrato at pinakatitigan ang babae.

It's her.

"Bakit?" The woman was curious.

"Ah, nakiusap po kasi ang asawa niyo saakin na kamustahin po kayo. Nagtatra—"