Chapter 22

Perries POV:
Jade came in the next morning and smiled at me. I smiled a little "you look rough did you sleep" I shook my head "no" she sighed and sat down "sorry I had to leave last night" I shrugged "it's fine not like I needed you here" I looked down at my hands. I knew I was being a bitch but I didn't care. "Right I'll go get you some coffee, eat that" she said pointing to the fruit the nurse brought in for me this morning. I sighed as she left the room and Sean came in. "Hiya" he said and smiled sitting down "hi" I was surprised he was even here. "Mum I mean April not here" he shook his head "she uhh she didn't want to I think she's just a little upset still" I sighed "I'm sorry" he shook his head "not your fault these things happen" he said and I smiled a bit "guess you'll be keeping an extra close eye on me now" he didn't say anything at first "Perrie social services rang after rehab there putting you back in adoption" I felt tears brim my eyes "what no I just got settled they can't take me" he sighed "they will take you Perrie you overdosed on heroin under are watch I'm sorry ok me and April tried we just couldn't do anything" I sighed and my heartache only grew "but that was my fault not yours none of this is your fault I can't go back into care Dad I just can't you have to give me another chance" he sighed and broke down crying "you never call me dad" he hugged me tight. "But you are my dad I've never had a real one your the closest I've ever got" he nodded "I know I know" he rubbed my back and sniffed "what's this then" he said picking up the scan "uhh jades scan" he smiled "a little girl lucky" I smiled a bit. "Probably won't even let me see her" I sighed and Sean rubbed my back "I'm sure they will" he smiled a little and I shook my head "they won't I'm a heroin addict and I'm gonna have no one again they won't even let me near her plus I've got all this fucking trial stuff" be looked at me confused "what do you mean trial me and April haven't heard anything about it" I sighed "jades parents have set up a trial in court because they think I raped her" he let out one heavy breath "shit well you need a lawyer" I shrugged "I can't afford one all my moneys being saved for jade and the baby" he went in his wallet and took out a credit card "I was saving this for an engagement ring for April it's got a couple thousand that should get you one and I can go in are savings account and take out some loans" I shook my head. "There's no need dad I'm not gonna win jades parents are rich as fuck ok there gonna get the best lawyer they can" I sighed and shook my head "first dates tomorrow I'm just gonna have to roll with the punches. He sighed and nodded "I'll be there" I nodded. "Thank you dad" he smiled and nodded.

I looked in the mirror and sighed. Black blazer and trousers with a white shirt and a tie done loosely. It was my court day. I sat down at the table and Sean our a plate of food down "eat up you need your energy" I sighed and ate a little. I looked over at April who hadn't spoken to me since I overdosed she was reading the paper with a cup of coffee in her hand. "Mum I'm sorry" I sad and she didn't look at me "don't call me mum Perrie" I nodded and looked down at my food as I lost my appetite. "Right it's time to go" April decided to come last night. I got in the car and said nothing I text jade a couple of times she was coming today too. She wasn't even going to testify she wasn't aloud apparently. We got to the court and I walked into the front. "Umm I'm Perrie edwards" the lady nodded "whos your lawyer for the trial" she said "I uhh I don't have one" she looked at me over the rim of her glasses "pretty risky take a seat" I sat down on the wooden chair I couldn't stop my leg from bouncing out of nerves. "Baby" jade said and ran in hugging me. I hugged her tight and closed my eyes taking in every moment. "Look I went looking around last night and mum and dad have a really good lawyer babe they've paid him £900,000 for this trial you need to have someone decent to fight in your corner who did you get" i gulped and looked down "no one I can't afford it" she looked at me with her eyes wide "what babe no you need to have someone" I sighed "all witnesses can now come in" a man called and April and Sean got up going in followed by jade. My phone started to ring and I picked it up "hello" I questioned your the unknown number "Perrie it's mr and Mrs thirlwall we have a deal we think you might like" i gulped. Oh no.