Information

~Hello~ 

This is my first Stray Kids book so let me just say a big THANK YOU for choosing to read this story. It means the absolute world. Please know, this is a safe place for anyone who decides to wander here. Negativity will not be tolerated and my only wish is for everyone to enjoy the story and feel comfortable while reading. I really do hope you enjoy this book! 

That said, this story will deal with some heavier topics as well as fluffy, cute scenes and I implore you, if you know any of the below tags will bother you or make you uncomfortable, I advise you to click off now. 

Angst 

Fluff

Stupidly cute scenes 

Hybrids 

A/B/O

Mention of malnourishment 

Hybrid trafficking 

HAPPY ENDING 

*Note: While I find it important to include such tags to prevent triggering anybody, nothing is horribly graphic and some of these are hardly mentioned. I promise, this book is really cute and fluffy*

This is a hybrid/ABO AU so I will be including a brief description of the society(there is a hybrid hierarchy present) and will be listing the members' hybrid types and ranks in the next chapter so be sure to check that out :)

ABO

Alpha: Strongest secondary gender - heightened senses and protective instincts - eyes flash red in times of extreme emotion

Beta: Middle rank secondary gender - heightened senses though not as much as Alphas - eyes flash amber in times of extreme emotion

Omega: Not necessarily weak secondary gender, but tend to be more submissive - are considered precious in pack settings and are protected(most of the time) - eyes flash light blue in times of extreme emotion

~・✧・~

Hybrids for generations were seen as less than human, or rather as social anomalies. The lucky hybrids originated as pets but most faced far worse, and seeing as they obtained no rights, there were no restraints on how they were to be treated. However, over time, certain hybrids gained a higher equality and were able to further integrate into society than others, thus creating three different class ranks.

Rank I

In the highest and most respected rank, resides the top tier predators, including: Bears, Wolves, and The Big Cat Family. These hybrids are almost always alphas and were deemed unable to be domesticated, as they lacked submission and would often fight against their owners. First rank species are also defined by overwhelming protective instincts, heightened senses, and raw strength not often found in the other ranks. Rank I hybrids can shift to their animal counterpart and typically are bigger than normal, however, difficulty levels in shifting differ from species. Largely, these hybrids are left alone by humans due to fear and are able to work regular jobs should they choose.

Rank II

The middle class rank amongst hybrids is home to both predator and prey, such as Dogs, Cats, Foxes, and smaller WildCats. They are classified by their wide range of domestication; depending on the species, some in this rank can become pets, but others are deemed unsafe. A large populous of this rank are indeed pets, but not all. Unlike in the first class, second rank hybrids can be any of the three; alpha, beta, omega-they are not defined by any singular term. They are more submissive than the first rank hybrids, particularly the typical domesticated cats and dogs, however, even those species can be quite difficult to handle. Rank II hybrids can also shift to their animal counterparts at will. In terms of blending in with society, second rank hybrids receive harsher treatment than rank one but still fair alright. In certain cases they are allowed to hold jobs but largely, this is still restricted.

Rank III

The final and lowest class hybrids is nearly entirely made up of prey, including: Rabbits, Hamsters, Squirrels, and Deer. These hybrids are rare and are often sought after by illegal traffickers or live in horrible conditions. Third rank hybrids are almost always either omegas or betas, with the former being the most frequent; a third rank alpha is extraordinarily rare. The third class is the most submissive out of all the ranks and while certain species are taken in as pets, the more unique species are looked down upon by almost everyone, including the other hybrid ranks. Shifting amongst Rank III hybrids is not commonly seen. They can shift but given they are typically of smaller size, it is avoided except for the occasional time of extreme stress. These hybrids withhold no rights and are frequently mistreated. If they hold jobs, they are almost always in illegal businesses. 

~・✧・~

This work is cross-posted on Archive of Our Own and will be updated there first. As this is my second account, please consider reading one of my other works either on this account or my main account @Taemazing21

This Account

- Jisungie(SKZ x Jisung one-shots) 

- Taehyungie(BTS x Taehyung one-shots) 

Second Account

- Tattoo Boy(Taekook) 

- Bounty(Taekook) 

All that said! Let's dive into the story! 

Remember you are loved and perfect just the way you are! 

- Megan<3