chapter 2

the next day i went to check out the area, i had landed myself an interview tomorrow which meant that i had today all to myself so i took the opportunity to look around.

i had gotten an idea to get a pet since i would be living by myself it would make the experience a little less lonely. i decided on getting a dog so my first stop was a local pet store.

i took my time to get ready and threw on a comfortable hoodie and a pair of jeans, i pulled my hair up into a messy bun and grabbed my earphones. the bus stop wasn't that far from my apartment and as soon as i started walking i was there in no time, i got on the bus and sat beside a lady who seemed like she wasn't at all bothered by my presence.

i got off at my stop and joined the numerous people flooding the area, i walked down the busy streets as people walked around everywhere going about their business not being bothered by the environment at all. i shrugged my shoulders a little then seeing the sign indicating the pet store, i walked into the store and was quickly greeted by the various sounds of animals.

inside smelt like fur and pet food, a typical pet store at that. i made my way up to the counter where there stood a tall blonde guy with a bright smile "hey can i help you?" his voice was calm and it immediately softened my mood.

"um yeah i'm looking for puppies, do you have any?" i asked tugging at the strings of my hoodie "we do actually, follow me" he moved from around the counter and started to walk towards the back of the store, i followed closely behind.

as i walked behind him my eyes traveled around the room examining the decor, there were pictures of different animals mostly puppies.

each picture had a name and date at the bottom, i'm assuming the dates resembled when they were adopted. "it's a really cute idea to do something like that" i thought to myself, eventually i was pulled away by the voice of the blonde employee whom i was with.

"here we are, i'm sorry we don't have enough to choose from" the guy said showing me the puppies,pulling my eyes from the framed photos on the wall once again to him. they were all bundled up playing but there was one that was in the corner. i stooped down to look at the dark pup in the corner, it had a white patch around one eye which i thought was so oddly adorable

"i see you like that one" i heard the guy's voice from behind me. "we don't have a name for her yet, we usually name them based off of their personalities but we haven't seen much from her she's usually just quiet and doesn't interact much and gloomy wouldn't be the best name" he explained to me with a faint laugh

"my spirit animal" i thought and a slight smile made it's way across my face

"will you be taking her?" the guy asked, i got up from stooping next to the dark pup. "can you keep her for me please? i'll be back by tomorrow afternoon for her" i pleaded to the tall blonde and he instructed me to follow him back to counter.

"fill this out as a written document proving that you had adopted a pet" he holds the same comforting smile as he hands me the form along with a pen and i thank him before taking the items, i began to fill out the form scowling at the line that asks for the input of my full name. i hurriedly finished the rest of the form and handed it back to him

"you just gave this puppy a happy home" i smiled at his cheery spirit and told him that i would be back around 4:00 tomorrow for her.

as i walked out i immediately started to think of names for the puppy "maybe mist would be good, or shade" my mind drifted to the features of the puppy and i remembered the white patch around it's eye along with the fact that her eyes were blue "storm, that's it" it was perfect and i couldn't wait to take her home tomorrow. it will be so relieving to have a little pet to hug and take care of, having her there would also lift the dreary mood my room currently holds.