chapter 18

Sundays were always lazy for me, I either felt extremely sluggish or some other weird feeling. It's safe to say that Sunday's weren't exactly looked forward to.

Yesterday at work ran by smoothly, Mr.Conner came to check on me and I gave him the piece I've been working on. He said that I would have to present it to the team at a board meeting this Wednesday, was I ready? no. did I have a choice? no again.  With my luck I could list a million and one things that could possibly go wrong but I'm trying to improve and start thinking positively.

I wanted to do something that would bring me some peace so I decided to finish my drawing of the silhouette. Before I got started I wrapped my hair up with a scrunchie and changed into something more comfortable that I wouldn't mind staining.

The drawing was coming along nicely. I traced the tip of the nipples perfectly so it created that natural arc then I outlined the stretch marks on the stomach area and some smaller ones on both the thighs and arms. I like my art, it shows the representation that we need but don't get very often. I never understood why the standard for women was always set to be thick with no belly rolls,stretch marks or a few extra folds. It's bullshit because i'm sure you don't order pizza and expect to not get cheese with it.

I sang along to sza as her voice caressed the room through the speakers. My windows were open and more fresh air passed through my apartment. I had a couple plants at the window simply because they brought a sense of life to the otherwise dead apartment. Storm was sprawled out on the bed, I fed her this morning and she ate her weight's full then plopped herself back on my bed. Maybe life would be better as a dog, pretty sure Vanessa could share her experiences. I giggled lowly at my comment and continued working.

After I finished drawing I took a few pictures for my photo dump then started to paint it. I had to be extremely careful while painting this, the last thing I would want is to slip up and ruin the entire piece. The brush went smoothly across the outline tracing the body perfectly. I used a mixture of both light and dark brown to get the perfect natural skin tone. My favorite part of the entire piece is that instead of regular colours I used gold to paint the stretch marks so they basically popped out at you.

I was finished painting and stood up admiring my work, I want to place this on my wall over my bed..it would fit perfectly there. So it's settled then, once it's dry I will have to find a way to set it up and give the room a bit of atmosphere. gay atmosphere, I smirked at the imaginary person standing beside me..I really do need some friends.

                                      —

About well after five in the afternoon I was in the middle of sobbing over another romance movie, everything everything. "But why did she have to leave" I hugged Storm and cried even louder, I could tell she was trying to figure out if I had officially lost it..probably I have who knows.

My phone rang out interrupting my moment. Who would even be calling me? my mother maybe, she's the only person I speak to anyways. I reached over and flipped it to the side of the screen and I was a bit surprised to see who it was. "Oh,James" I muttered lowly, why would he be calling me tho. I gathered myself quickly wiping away all the fluid from my face with the sleeve of my sweater before I answered.

"H-hello?" I answered

"Jade? I'm really sorry for calling on such short notice but I really need your help" he sounded a bit frantic and maybe.. nervous?

"Are you okay? It's fine what do you need?" I asked giving off a feeling of concern

"I..I have a date but I have no idea what to do or how to get ready"

Aww poor thing.

"What's your address? I'll be right over"

He told me he would send the address before thanking me and I ended the call.

I look like someone threw me up but that's fine, nobody's watching my appearance right now. My phone dinged and I checked to see the address James sent, he doesn't live very far from here actually but still a good enough distance for me to need a vehicle.

I called an Uber and got some stuff together, I had already showered so I just threw on a stretched out sweater and a pair black leggings. The cab got here quicker than expected and I just threw on a pair of slides and rushed through the door making sure to close it properly before I left.

The driver was very good at taking directions and before I knew it I pulled up to a suburb looking area, why does this look like the perfect place for James to live? I tried not to laugh and embarrass myself in front of the Uber but I couldn't help it, he didn't seem to mind tho. I rang James telling him to meet me outside his house so I would at least know where exactly to stop, all these houses looked the same.

We came around a corner and I saw James on the street, when he saw the cab he started waving so I told him on the other end that I saw him and hung up.

James paid for my Uber, he said it was his way of saying thank you which I appreciated greatly.

"So a date huh?" I said as soon as he let me in

"Yes a date.."

"With who" I pried like a child

"You know who"

"As a matter of fact I do not, could someone please enlighten me?" I teased him. I knew who it was of course, he never shut up about the new girl at work. Maybe it's a normal thing to date within the job there but that's besides the point. I am really happy for James, who would think one sided no personality James would be going on a date..I could tear up.

"What's her name again? hmm let's see I think it's...Aria.." I drew out her name for emphasis to pull a reaction from James and boy did I get a good one. "Relax I can't tell the difference between you and your couch" his couch was bright red which matched the white carpet in some way. He asserted himself out of mere embarrassment and we began.

"There is really no way you planned on wearing this..it doesn't match James" I said pulling a green tie he had laid next to a blue suit. Whenever James is at the office his outfits always seemed simple enough, maybe he's just overthinking this.

I sifted through his closet and came across a dark suit, he had white plain dress shirts so I took one of those and a blue tie. "Here, put this on" I gave him the garment, he took at it but looked at me weird.

"What?..ohh, don't flatter yourself  'it' doesn't excite me" I laughed and left the room to give him privacy.

He came out of the room and honestly I was impressed with how well he could put himself together..well how well 'I' could put him together.

"Oh wait, hold on" I reached into my bag and pulled out a white handkerchief. "Don't worry it hasn't been used" I reassured James as I folded it neatly and tucked it into the pocket on his jacket. "There, perfect"

He had already styled his hair and it looked great, he was ready and the only thing that was left for me to do is wish him luck.

"You can stay here, there's food in the fridge and you're welcome to sleep in my bed if you'd like. When I get back I will bring you home" I couldn't object his offer because he didn't let me. Relaxing here for a bit didn't seem like a bad idea anyway, plus anything beats having to spend money on a cab.

"By the way, thank you I really appreciate it" He said sweetly. "No problem big guy" I gave James a tight hug and watched him get into his vehicle. This must be what being a mother feels like, I have to admit it's quite fulfilling. He reversed and I watched his car disappear down the street.

I took a refreshing breath of the cold air and just stood there until I felt content.