chapter 17

Alex's pov:

Her hair was all in my face, I fucking hated that..her hair was only good for one thing and that was pulling. I rolled her off of me, I knew her shift by now and she wouldn't be up for work till another four hours. It was pretty early, 4:30 and I had stuff to do for myself.

My clothes were spread all over her carpet, thank god I always have clothes in my car. I'd just put on what's in my car and what I took off lastnight I'll put in the trunk. When i'm done doing whatever I have to do then i'll go home and take a shower, I'm not going to work today..why? because.

She didn't have any spare toothbrushes so I just used a towel with toothpaste and rinsed with mouthwash, this is why I don't sleep over. I fuck the shit out of whoever, they're knocked out then I get a chance to leave but I was too caught up lastnight that I wasn't even thinking of what I would have to do the next morning. I fell asleep right after.

I rinsed out the towel after washing my face and folded it neatly on the side of her laundry hamper, I'm an asshole but at least i'm civilized.

Just as I thought she was still slumped over in her bed, didn't move an inch since I got up. Her apartment was cold so I covered her up with her blankets and left. I didn't care much for who I hooked up with if it wasn't already really obvious but Addison was different, we have history that makes me feel tied to her somewhat.

Changing in my car wasn't as hard as you would imagine, there was this one creep that kept staring through the window and I had to flip him off..he looked as if he was beyond astral projections anyways. In some way me and this guy could be similar, aside from being a crackhead but I bet he doesn't have friends or anyone who cared for him enough to get him help, so he's out here..wasting his life away.

I must be down bad i'm making comparisons between me and someone who sees stars at day.

I finished changing and pulled off of Addison's street.

Jade's pov:
I kept tossing and turning throughout the night, I didn't have a steady sleep and I was frustrated. James had helped me unpack my groceries and he stayed for two movies before he got going, he even spoke to my mother..well not exactly spoke, she overheard a male voice in the background and got all excited then demanded that whoever it was have a conversation with her..it was painful to say the least. For one she was stuck on the thought that he was my boyfriend, correcting her would do nothing because she would call him my boyfriend as long as she felt necessary.

I got up extremely early today..I checked my phone and it was 4:30, I already didn't have sleep in mind so I decided to clean up my apartment a bit and watch a romance movie on Netflix, that's all I did really. Romance movies seem to be the only bit of thrill I get in my life these days, or the only thrill i'll ever get.

Storm was still sleeping wrapped up in blankets, she gave James quite the scare lastnight. he described it as a mass moving towards him in the darkness, I assured him my place wasn't haunted but when Storm unexpectedly barked you couldn't tell if the scream came from me or James.

As I expected there wasn't much to clean, just a few shirts here and there, I brushed my teeth and washed my face before starting anything else then I swept out the entire apartment after which I plopped on the couch, it wasn't hard finding a movie and I settled on Titanic. it's one of my favorites and a classic, basically everyone has watched Titanic at least once.

It was now at the part where Rose went to the front of the ship to jump, this is where Jack would 'save' her. I had so much hatred for Rose I don't know why, maybe it's because their was space on the door or whatever for Jack to fit and he didn't have to die like that just for her. But that's what love does, you're in no control over who you are when you're in love not to mention when you're around the person you've fallen deeply in love with. You're a completely different person because of them, for them even. You change to be the best version of yourself..too bad such changes will forever miss me.

Further into the movie I felt a little fluff ball crawl beside me on the couch. "Well look who's finally awake" I pulled her into my arms and cradled her like a newborn. We continued watching the movie together and when the steamy part came on I covered Storm's eyes..she's too young to see that.

I was half in the kitchen and half still sitting in the couch..I was trying to make pancakes but I couldn't take my eyes off of the tv, I almost burnt the string on my shorts while trying to balance. I eventually got three pancakes done and got out some dog food for Storm to eat. This is actually the first time that I didn't have two buy breakfast, I could get used to this and save money.

By the time the movie was over I was full on bawling on the floor, it wasn't only that Jack died it's because he was too cute to die..this has always been my reason to cry since I was younger. I picked myself up and wiped the waterworks from my face, it was time to start getting ready for work unfortunately. I didn't understand working on Saturdays..I mean it's Saturday gosh

The only good thing about this was that we got to go home really early today and it was only selective Saturdays in the month when we had to work.

I finished up in the bathroom and started my makeup, as always it wasn't anything much but I did a little more than I usually would because I felt really good today. I pulled my piercing down so it was visible

Today's fit was a button up crop top with sleeves and a loose jeans that was fitted at the waist along with a brand new pair of af1's. The crop top didn't show much but I wore a jacket just in case, I even put my hair up in two puffs..I didn't do that often.

Once again James offered to be my ride and it wasn't an offer I could turn down.

James and I walked through the lobby together having mild conversation, he seemed very shocked this morning to see that I had a septum piercing but i'm sure that I had it in the first day we met..maybe he wasn't focused on it I don't know. He wore a simple polo and jeans today..James was a simple man and it suited him well.

"So young man, shall we ascend?" I said in a British accent as I bowed at the doors of the elevator leading James in. He laughed at my comical mood today especially since I wasn't in the best spirits yesterday. I don't know what it was myself I just felt really good today..really nothing could ruin this day for me.

We got off the elevator and said our goodbyes before going our separate ways. I waved at Vanessa who rolled her eyes at me and I laughed.

I opened the door to my office and placed my bag on my desk right next to the framed picture of my dad and I.

There wasn't much to get done today so maybe i'll be out of here faster...I made a few previous scribbles in my sketchbook that weren't satisfactory so I tore the pages out and threw them in the trash but the can was empty for some odd reason..I don't remember taking it out myself but I guess they had people who cleaned up after the staff left? i've never seen them before but maybe that's just me.

I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the start of a new day.