chapter-8

💢clutches of pain 💢

.......................................................................

Whisper after whisper their harsh words tore their way into the ears of the broken. Word by word it ripped throughout the flesh of the weak. Their glares pierced through the skin of the dead like a needle making its way into the flesh. With every glare,grunt,laugh,words, they snapped the neck of the weakest among them. Nobody cares until you're dead...

It hurts to say the least its bitter and cold. The yearning to erase it all yet it never disappears. It leaves marks of poison in the soul of the fragile, shattering their Hopes and dreams. And yet they laugh without realizing the pain they are causing. They drown in it, they adored it, they thought it was funny, they bathed in the tears of the fractured soul, they battered non-stop until it was too late to say sorry...

(Melody pov)

I dropped my pen as I wiped my tears away, my soul aching from the chaos surrounding me for the past week. I stood up from my seat and glanced at myself from the mirror. I hated how the fragile girl's reflection looked back at me. I hated her weak appearance and dull eyes. Her arms bearing scars printed on the skin, her pale face from lack of sleep and food. I hated it furthermore I hated how desperately she wanted to be free from the clutches of pain. Backing up from the broken mirror I grabbed my bag and walked out of my room. It's been a week since I got suspended from school and none the less my parents have been wreaking havoc on our reputation instead of focusing on my well being as if they cared...

I decided I had enough crap for one week and took off somewhere where I belong. Away from the whispers of the people and away from social media...

To say the least I ran away from home. But honestly it is not really running away when your parents don't care enough to stop you or even look for you plus it is not the first time either.

I arrived at the club house with many bags in my hands. They contained food and drinks as well clothes and a box hair dye. I brought enough money to last me about two months or so but in the meantime I have to find a job and an actual place to live In...

I also brought my car with me because my father bought me a car for my sweet sixteen instead of spending time with me. Unfortunately I had to park the car far from the club house, basically leaving it at the parking lot of the entrance to the lake. I dragged my suitcases and bags and placed them on the floor. Grabbing a broom and sweeping away the dirt from the old wood floor wasn't as easy as it looked because it's old and has splinters where the wood cracked. I worked hard to get rid of them yet gave up and just laid a big fluffy rugged over the most damaged areas. This club house is big enough to hold a group of ten or more people...

I listened to music while I dyed my hair a dark red color. It isn't the first time I dyed it this color. I made my way to a small stream of water that fell freely over a mountain that covered half of the forest. This little pool of water is clean and fresh just like the lake. I bathed myself in it and felt bad afterwards because the water was tainted by the red dye. It isn't unusual that you may stumble upon someone bathing outdoors here; however when they see that you are a rich girl all alone, well that's where the danger lies...

Fortunately for me this area is off limits due to heavy snow falls when it snows which is rare yet it happens...

Once back inside my club house I avoided my phone all together yet I could only imagine everything that's occurring. For once my video was leaked onto a social media platform and then the fight as well. Hateful comments everywhere from (go kill yourself to spoiled brat knows nothing of true pain). It's all the same and it doesn't matter anymore...

.....

My heart dropped onto my stomach when I heard the door. I got up and immediately grabbed a bat that I took from my brother's room. I raised it up ready to attack whoever was out there yet when I opened it I froze in my spot...

"So this is where you are hiding I guess I was right".

I haven't even been gone for an entire day and he found me!. What the fuck is his deal?. One minute he wants to stay away from me and now he's here?..

"Elliot...what uh what are you doing here?"

I asked as I lowered the bat, his eyes scanned me from head to toe and then it hit me hard...

I was dressed in fucking cat onesies. Yes I love cats and yes I have the pleasure of owning a cat onesies. That I just purchased at the store before coming here...

Oh this is the moment when you desperately want the world to crumble beneath your feet..

He couldn't hold back a toothy grin that appeared on his perfect face. It was memorizing to say the least. His shirt was tight enough to show off his broad shoulders and his hair was neatly brushed not a hair sticking out of place. His pinkish lips, the same that kissed me before were busted and his right cheek was bruised. Did he get into a fight or something?...

Ignoring my outfit I carefully studied his persona only to find the same sweet boy I kissed on the lake many years ago...

"How did you find me?"

I asked as I backed up and walked to my beanbag chair. I don't know why I let him stay or why I wasn't pushing him out of my life...

He cleared his throat and walked towards a chair before taking a seat. I caught a glimpse of sadness on his facial features...

"I noticed when you left your house earlier today that you were carrying a suitcase and you looked upset, I couldn't help but look for you"

He answered truthfully.

I nodded my head slightly and avoided his ever so melting glare of doom. He shouldn't be here, he shouldn't be near me, he shouldn't be around the girl that caused his brother to kill himself...

Correction

The brother I killed by not knowing how to choose...

........................................................................

A/N

What do yall think?

Please don't forget to leave a comment or vote.