chapter-5

🏞the lake🏞

Part-2

Previously

................................................................

(Melody Pov)

I sat in complete shock, unable to move from my seat. I could feel the eyes of my classmates on me. I felt many emotions running throughout me, and I wasn't sure what to do with myself. My heart pounded furiously within me, and goosebumps covered my body, yet I snapped out of it and got up. Grabbing my bag and walked out of the classroom ignoring the teacher yelling out my name and going after him. I walked as fast as possible to catch up but by the time I reached outside he was already riding off on his motorcycle. My hands trembled slightly as I became upset and refused to go back to the school. Dammit...

I have to catch up to him.

I found myself stealing my friend's bicycle and following him to the lake. I found him sitting on the grass in front of the beautiful lake. My cheeks flushed red with embarrassment, yet my body moved on its own without even realizing I was standing in front of him. He looks up and a smirk runs throughout his facial expression almost making him look like a creeper. I crossed my arms over my chest and cleared my throat before speaking. "Why did you kiss me? and what are you trying to do? Why are you back here!". I asked as my voice cracked showing how freaked out, I had become. I wanted to slap that smirk off of his face and scream at him, yet I kept my composure at bay...

"Answer the question!"

I demanded him however he shrugged it off and stood up. His tall structure standing at 6'1" mocking my short structure of 5'3" was amusing to him as he hovered over me. He ended up stepping closer to me and his expression darkened instantly which made my skin crawl...

"Kitten, you are beautiful when you're upset, I like how easily I can rattle you up"

He says as his minty breath brushes against my flesh sending shivers everywhere. My mind became clouded as his eyes lingered on mine. As I stared at him, memories flooded my mind again and it made my legs wobble a bit as tears welled up in my eyes. My eyes widened when I saw blood coming out of his nose and before I could register what was happening, he ended up falling to the ground. I frantically knelt to help him, but he shoved my hands away from him. "Stop...I'm fine ". He says as he wipes off the blood with the back of his black hoodie sleeve. He then sat up and struggled to breathe all while my heart pounded wildly...

I shook my head and helped him up even though he fought against it. I decided to take him to my secret hideout. A club I built after my twelve birthdays after I needed an escape and that was it. It wasn't far from the lake, so I just took him there without really thinking. "I can walk on my own, and why are you helping me?". He asked me while he tried his hardest to walk properly without falling. I lowered my gaze and focused it on the floor beneath my feet as we walked side by side throughout the forest. I looked up and stopped in my tracks just before turning to face him. "I'm not sure why, I just know that I couldn't leave you alone" He avoided eye contact and walked ahead of me as if he knew where we were going. Once we made it to the clubhouse, we entered it and rested...

I sat on a beanbag while he sat on a sofa chair. This clubhouse was built when I was twelve years old by me and other kids in memory of our friend we lost. I wasn't sure if bringing him here was a good idea after all. "I heard about this clubhouse, yet I didn't think it was still here or being used after so many years". He spoke in a tired tone of voice. I nodded my head as memories kept coming making me feel sick to my stomach...

"Why are you back?".

I asked him with little to no restraint in my quivering voice. He looked in my direction and nodded his head. "I came back to hurt you, yet I think you are already beyond hurt, I came back to make you pay yet you are already paying your debt". He said with all honesty slipping from every word he spoke. I swallowed a salty bitter lump and held back the tears...

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry for everything that occurred that day..."

I whispered high enough for him to hear yet I didn't get a reaction from him. He snickered a bit before he said the following sentences. "He loved you, and I loved you and yet one of us is dead now, and all because you couldn't choose and kept playing with our hearts". He sadly said as he closed his eyes. "I wish I could forget the past, but I can't...even though I want to hate you I can't". He shook his head at his own words before standing up...

"Melody, I came back to ruin your life, yet I found myself unable to do so, even though you caused a great deal of pain to me and my parents as well as my friends...I can't hate you, yet I don't want you in my life so for now on stay away".

My emotions began to boil over as my mind wanted answers.

I shot up from my seat and angrily shouted at him. My emotions are taking over my fragile mind again...

"THEN WHY DID YOU KISS ME AND WHY DO YOU KEEP TALKING TO ME!"

He rubbed his right temple with his fingers before clearing his throat.

"Because Melody I wanted to and because I missed my old friend "

There was pain swimming in every word he spoke yet there was uncertainty in them as well.

His words were enough to make me unsteady on my feet. He ended up leaving the clubhouse shortly after that and since I couldn't bring myself to go after him, I just stood paralyzed...

Oh.

..................................................................

So, who is the second boy? And why is he dead?

Could he be the devil's brother?
Or friend?
Or even cousin?

Hmmm🤔