chapter-35

Sunshine

...........................................................

(Melody pov)

Tossing and turning in bed as I couldn't fall asleep since the events of last night kept playing within my mind. I sigh deeply and sat up in bed feeling the weight of the world on my chest as it became difficult to breathe. Slipping out of bed and out my room to find some relief only to find myself outside in the garden allowing the rain that fell from the clouds soak me in their cold water. I simply stood there staring at the sky as if the rain was washing away my deadly sins.

My breathing slowed down and a sense of calmness over took me and for a moment all was well within my chaotic life, from behind me I heard the back door swing open and shut and I turned to see my butler Sebastian. It's practically five in the morning what on earth is he doing here and why is he awake?. I stare at him for a few seconds as I remembered we danced last night and how he looked at me with such passion and lust. "You will catch a cold ma'am, shall we go back inside and I could make you a cup of hot chocolate or if you prefer a coffee?". He offered as he stepped closer to me and wrapped a cover around me, he then smiled a bit as he waited patiently for me to start walking. "Sebastián...what I need cannot be fixed with coffee...what I need is for the pain to stop". I say in a low tone of voice as I stare into the abyss of the darkness of dawn. He's smile was replaced with a slight frown and he stepped closer to me. "Oh, ma'am you are still very young and the pain that you have endured has been overwhelming but you are beautiful, smart girl who is beyond strong and I believe you are strong enough to overcome anything". He says in a gentle tone as he gently touched my face and cupped it with both his hands. He then let go and embraced me in a warm affectionate hug that stole my breathe away. Even though he has been working for me for a while now and he is only two years older than me, he has wisdom beyond his years. I can also tell he cares deeply about others that are in pain. However there's more to his affection towards me and I'm beginning to find myself in a trance of unwanted emotions.

"Why are you so kind to me?".

I asked once we let go of each other and stared at one another. He lowered his gaze and ignored my question as he then pointed towards the door and waited until I made up my mind to go back inside the house. Once we were inside he wandered off I'm assuming to get me some dry clothes, once he returned he glanced at me and said "I prepared you a warm bath and your clothes is in the bathroom, miss Melody I'm kind to you because you deserve it". He stated as he casually tilted his head a little while offering a smile as I found myself blushing at his words. "It seems more than that". I whispered as i step closer to him.

Perhaps is the ache in my chest and the never ending chaos that lingers on forever that in that moment all I wanted was to steal yet another kiss from him.

I placed my hand on his chest and felt his heartbeat as his eyes widen and his breathing hitched. His pale complexion lit up as he blushed as he raised his hand and placed it on top of mine. "Miss Melody, as much as I'm flattered this isn't possible as I'm your employee, you are beautiful girl and I would be luckiest guy to have you but we can't". He lowered his gaze and cleared his throat before letting go and stepped back from my reach. "Please return to your bedroom and I will attend to you once it is time and as I said before...this has too stop". He says as he turned away and walked off towards the back door. I nodded my head swiftly as I understood but the attraction I felt for him was clouding my judgment. I blink a few times as I regain my control and walked away as he had already stepped out. I went upstairs and into my bedroom and took a bath, afterwards I changed into my nightgown and got in bed. I couldn't fall asleep even when the sunshine of daybreak entered through my window made me squeeze my eyes shut in displeasure.

At 8 am there was a knock at my door and I groan as I sat up and got out of bed. "Breakfast has been prepared ma'am". His sweet voice sounded a bit odd and it worried me a bit. I nodded my head and watched him step back and wait for me to accompanied him. I followed him and we went downstairs and we went into the dinning room and was surprised to see my mother at the table. She's usually never eats breakfast with me or my brother, I sat down casually but honestly I was uncomfortable. "Melody, I'm only going to say this once I forbid any type of relationship with this employee, I noticed the way you look at him and the way he drools over you and I forbid it.". She said in a serious tone as she then tore her gaze from me to him as he stood near by. " Is that understood Mr Salvatore or perhaps you would like to lose your job?". She asked him a question with a deadly look upon her face.

I'm assuming he nodded as I couldn't look away from my mother. 

Afterwards she dismissed him and he left until further instructions. He may be my butler but my mother is the one that pays him. "I better never see you in his arms again otherwise he will lose his job and you will be sent to a nunnery just like your sister ". She then stood up and left the dinning area leaving me wondering and breathless.

Wait did she say

What?.
.................................................................