Chapter 9 - Shady Business

[A Week After]

Mikasa's POV

Now, this is the day. I don't even know if I feel excited or nervous. But I know one thing, my face is heating up.

Damn!!!! I don't even know how to act today?! What if I fail?! What if I make a mistake?! W-Wha if I pass out?! I can't think!!!

I held my head as if I'm stressed out. I am sitting on my chair, tapping my foot several times. I am uneasy yet has that feeling of excitement. Why the hell am i feeling this?!

Flashback

"So where are we again?" Armin asked. "You already forgot about it?" Eren said crossing his arms. "Oh yeah, I remember now, so...yeah. Which of us will act, Eren?"

"Who do you think is best to act?" He said in his usual grim pitched voice looking at the other way. "Uhh..." Armin scratched his head and then he looked at me. I tilted my head and lifted my brow. "Mikasa, who do you think is best?" He asked which made me widen my eyes. "U-u-uh....I don't k-know..." I said, stuttering. Who the hell will I answer? Armin? But he's best at elaborating it.....or Eren.....Aahhh! no!

I shook my head and silence remained on the three of us. Then, the door opened. We looked at the door to see the same brunette with golden eyes, which is exactly Eren's mom. She's crossing her arms, leaning on the door. "You know, it's best if Eren do that, since he look perfect together with this girl, Mikasa, right?" She suggested making me turn my head down, looking at the ground, hiding my face since I feel like it's heating up again and I'm tinted with bright red.

"Oh, you think so, Aunt Carla?" Armin said as lively as he can be. I looked at him and his face is as bright as ever. Is he thinking, 'I finally escaped'. Yeah, I think so since he's a total bookworm and he would love explaining it than acting it. But.....Eren and I? "Isn't it better?" Eren's mom said and Armin nodded in agreement. He looked at us. "Since Aunt Carla suggested, then it might be the best" He stated but I am also feeling that he's doing it on purpose. He's as brilliant as he could be, and it can be as dangerous as ever. He's the monster that even my uncle could fear of. Mind powers you say.

"What do you think, Mikasa?" He added, smirking. I looked at Eren's mom and she's doing the same. Partners in crime huh? "S-sure?" I stuttered. I looked at Eren who was looking at both Armin and his mom as if he was saying, 'What the hell?'. Then he looked at me. "Whatever" then looked away.

I heard giggling sounds and I know where it came from. I looked at the duo and yeah, I was right.

Flashback Ends

"Hey, Mikasa" I heard someone called me. I turned my head and there I saw Christa, Ymir and Reiner. I shook my head to remove the thoughts in my mind. "Hey" I replied back. "So, you guys are group mates, right?" I asked and they nodded. "But, it's just a pain in the butt" Ymir sighed. I raised my brow and then I finally understand why was it. "Lemme guess, You and Reiner are the ones to act, right?" "Correct" Reiner pointed out. "She's jealous that I have a chance to get partnered with Christa so, she sacrificed herself" He stated and then put his mouth before my ears. "Cuz you know, she's ga---" he whispered at me but was cut off by ymir as she pinched his ear. "Ow, shut the fuck up, Ymir!" Reiner complained as he remove her hands. "Oh, come on! Is said no fighting, right!?" Christa slightly yelled as she puts his hands on her waist then crossed her arms, looking at the other way.

"Okay, okay" Both Ymir and Reiner said and glared at each other. "Later, Mikasa" they went to their seats. I sighed and then leaned on my seat, looked at ceiling and calmed myself. "This will be fine, don't be nervous Mikasa. What am I getting nervous with. I'm just gonna do---Eren..." I muttered and then put my hands on my cheeks as I felt it heating up again. "No no, Mikasa. What. Are. You. Thinking?" I muttered again. I shook my head and slapped my face. "Calm down".

"Uhh....Mikasa?" I faced my head forward to see Armin standing in front of me. The embarrassment now is filling up inside me. "Eh....eh.....Armin?" Armin tilted his head and raised a brow. "Are you okay?" He asked, I shook my head making him sigh out of relief. "Okay. So did you bring the things I told you to bring?" He asked, I nodded my head. "Yes, it's in my bag" "Eren's now in the restroom, changing his clothes. You can now change yours" he stated. I looked around the classroom to see others already had changed. How long have I been thinking? I opened my bag and grabbed my clothes. "Then, I'll be changing now" I said and then patted his shoulders. I went to the restroom and changed my clothes.

Armin's POV

Mikasa's probably in the restroom now, changing. I'm the narrator so I am fine not changing my clothing. Then, several minutes later, Eren entered the room. His clothes are medieval-like, I don't know how to explain but yeah. Mikasa entered the classroom seconds later than Eren. They both looks so majestic! I am so proud of them. Feeling proud? Yeah, I'm a fatherly figure. They walked to me and as I see the two beside each other, I feel like I am watching two angels flying to me, flowers blooming and birds singing. Mikasa's the one.

"--min...Armin!" I snapped out off reality seeing Eren in front of me along with Mikasa whose looking at the ground hiding her face. "U-uhh...yeah?" He looked at my face making me furrow my brows and curl my lips into a fake smile. "U-uhh..Eren?" Then he narrowed his eyes looking at my own ocean-blue eyes. "The hell's you thinking?" He said crossing his arms. "What?" "Whatever" he rolled his eyes. "Ooookay?" I grabbed my phone and turned it on. It's 7:46 already. Then I swiped the screen, accidentally leading in the cameras. It was supposed to lead on to the homescreen, why the----oh......looking at the camera, a thought popped in my mind. Thinking about it, I smirked evilish. "Uhh....If you'll excuse me please" I left Mikasa and Eren heading to another group, Sasha's group.

I saw Sasha eating her bread and her two teammates talking at each other. I went across them cutting the two's conversation. "Umm....can I borrow Sasha for a moment please?" I asked, "sure" they both nodded and I grabbed Sasha on her wrist. "Wait, what the hell's on you?" She looked at me furrowing her brows. I then smiled. "I have a favor to ask and in return, I'll give you two potato chips in a week, each day" She looked amused and is already drooling. "Sure! What's it? Anything!" She willingly accepted. "I grabbed my phone from my pocket and gave it to her.

"You just need to take some pictures of Eren with Mikasa later when we are next to perform. You need to capture the best moments, 'kay?" I stated and she gladly accepted it. "Sure, what an easy task" "But you have to make sure they won't notice it, I heard you're great at sneaking, so I'm sure you can handle it pretty well. Also don't tell Mikasa" I added and she nodded grabbing my phone.

"Nice having some business with you, Sasha" I offered a handshake.

"Likewise" we both shaked our hands. Then we parted ways.

I have something to show Aunt Carla now. I chuckled. I went back at the two. They are sitting on their chairs and most likely thinking of what they will do later. As I walked over my seat, Eren gazed upon me with his cautious look. "What?" I asked. "What did you talk with that girl, who I assume was Braus" he asked. I am now sweating, Eren is the type of person who will dig information from someone who he assumed to be sneakily doing something suspicious. "With Sasha? Oh, I asked if she had some bread" I said as calmly as possible. "Bread? Why the hell's you need bread?" He asked, again. "Because, I want to feed some ducks outside" "You can just buy some later and also....why did you lend your phone to her" I now felt a little nervous. I scratched my head and looked at the other way. "Eh....I was worried that my grandpa will call and you know....it's embarassing to the class.....so I lend it to her" Eren raised a brow and crossed his arms. "Oh yeah? Then why are you sweating?"

I widened my eyes. He really just won't give, is he? "Uhh....cuz it's hot?" He looked at me from feet to head. "If it is, why are you wearing pants and sweater?" Now, I feel doomed. I looked down and....it's really logical. "Uhh...." "Armin, spit it out, are you doing some shady businesses behind my back?" I am now feeling puzzled. "Uhh....c-can I go to the bathroom?" "And why is it?" "Cuz I really need to pee now, that's why I'm sweating" Eren looked at me, suspiciously and I made it look believable as I put my hands down on my sensitive part and act like I really needed to. "Okay?" I ran fast out of the room and went to the bathroom.

"Phew! Eren's so hard to convince!" I swiped my sweat from the forehead and sighed out of relief. "Going to the bathroom is really a good excuse" I stood there for a moment and was about to go. "Oh, wait.....I really need to pee" I walked fast to the bathroom. Great, now it's real.....

~~~