Chapter 5 - What's The Meaning Of Life?

Mikasa's POV

My uncle's the teacher today and he's pretty strict at his first day. Yeah, he doesn't let any of us do anything stupid at his class. This class is pretty proper today not the usual. This kinda reminds me of my first day of class here and Mr. Shadis is teaching. They are quiet, fearing my uncle. They didn't made a single unnecessary move but kept listening on him.

I was righting notes at my notepad while listening. I realized that this class is taking longer. I looked at my watch which is pretty rare for me to do. I am afraid that my uncle will notice me using my phone and.....you know what's gonna happen (even if I'm his niece). Hmm....the time is....1:30 P.M!!?? I thought it already was an hour!? Damn....Math is taking too long...

I snapped out as I heard someone munching.....I already know who it was....I looked at Sasha and....yeah she is sneakily munching a bread. I know what's gonna happen next.

"Braus"

And...yeah. My uncle, our teacher, called out Sasha. He was still facing the board but I already feel his aura, his dark aura. He turned his head looking at Sasha with his murderous eyes. Now, Sasha's in trouble, I even heard her muttering the words 'Oh shit...'. She's now sweating heavily and I really can feel it even if I'm not looking at her.

"Y-yes sir?" She gulped, still sweating nervously.

"Is lunch still not enough for you?" The same cold, murderous eyes stayed at him making Sasha sweat more. But what happened next really had shocked most of us. She stood up bravely holding her bread placing at her chest.

"You can say that, sir. My lunch is indeed not enough for me and I decided to eat this bread right this time since hunger might burden me listening at your lectures, sir. And my father had always told me that hunger will make myself ill"

She explained, bravely, not even a single hesitation. "Hmm? Is that so? Then....mind answering this question?" He pointed at the board and....there is already something written on it!!!??

"U-umm sir..."

"Hmm? I thought eating that bread will lessen your hunger and that you can listen carefully at my class? So I bet you know the answer" he said.

I bet he's thinking 'checkmate bitch' right now. Sasha's puzzled. She's not that good at mathematics which is why Mr. Shadis has always scolded her for that back then. Yes, Mr. Shadis was our Mathematics teacher in the past.

He sighed and then proceeded to write on the board. "Meet me at Principal Smith's room later" he demanded. Sasha sat down back at her seat, swallowing the bread she left.

And the class continued silence surrounding the whole room except the sounds of chalk clicking on the board, pages flipping, and the teacher's voice echoing around.

***

"Damn.....Mr. Ackerman's so scary....." Sasha mumbled, complaining, leaning on her chair and sighed. "By the way, are you somewhat related to him, Mikasa?" She added. "Uncle" I nodded and grabbed my book inside my bag for the next class.

"Wha-- you didn't even told us?!!" She cried out.

"Yeah, you didn't even told us"

Ymir popped out at my side. I just looked at them and smirked. "Scary? Not though" I mocked. Ymir just raised a brow and smirked half-assed.

"Yeah, not that scary" she claimed making Sasha furrow her brows.

"How----"

"Hey, cold bastard" Ymir called out looking at the guy whose behind me, the brunette, Eren, cutting Sasha's words. I tugged her sleeve and whispered. "Oi, Ymir!". She looked at me and then smirked.