Chapter 8 - Assignment

Armin's POV

"Eren"

"Eren"

"Eren"

I called him several times but still, hasn't woken up yet. He's leaning his head on top of his hand facing the windows. I patted his shoulder several times too, but that won't help.

"Eren" I put my mouth before his ear and patted his shoulder three times. I sighed and then,

"EREN!" I yelled at his ear, waking him. Then he flinched, his eyes wide and a tear dropped on his cheek. He looked at me, still widening his eyes. He didn't say a single word but looked around the classroom. He turned his head back at me again.

"Jeez, Eren. You slept" I said shaking my head. "How long am I asleep?" He asked. I looked at my phone to see it's already 7:50 A.M. "30 minutes" I answered. He put his hand on his head. "Are you sick?" I asked. He shook his head and looked around again.

"Armin" he called out. I raised my brows. "I had a dream" He said looking at me with his serious face but I can feel his feeling uneasy and worried. "What dream?" I asked. He looked at the window and said, "A dream that I would call a nightmare" which made me furrow my brows. "What?"

"I saw shadows, shadows. They were saying the same words and you know that. I saw them last night, too"

I widened my eyes. The thought seeing something horrible like that. It was bothering him. It might also cause him think about committing the worst idea. I sighed and then patted his back.

"I think, I don't want to do it yet" He added. I looked down and frowned. I thought it's finally the day. The day that everything will be back to normal. I miss the old Eren. But, I can't leave the current eren. He needs someone who will make him change the meaning of his world. I can't do that. But I hope, someone will.

I removed my hands and face forward at the board. "You are the one to decide" I glanced at him. "Hmm" he agreed.

Mikasa's POV

I heard Armin yelled. Probably he's waking up Eren since he is asleep. Then, I heard Eren spoke, he's asking how long he was off. I know it's bad to eavesdrop but I can't since I'm pretty close at them, so how am I able to stop myself if I kept hearing them.

I tried to focus myself at my phone, but I really can't. "I had a dream" I heard Eren said which made me more interested to hear what he would say. I leaned on my chair pretending to relax my back.

"A dream that I would call a nightmare" Eren added. Dream? A nightmare?, I asked. I'm too curious of what he mean. Is he the same as me? "I saw shadows, shadows. They were saying the same words and you know that. I saw them last night, too" He said, his tone seems like scared or worried, uneasy. Shadows? What shadows? What did the shadows said?, More questions popped on my mind and I want to find the answers in it. I really am.

"I think, I don't want to do it yet" He added. What was it? And why?, Questions still popped into my mind making me more fond to know what they are going to say. "You're the one to decide" Armin stated, calm. "Hmm" Then I heard Eren agreed. Is that all of it? Are there anything else?

Then, the door opened. Mr. Shadis entered and I took a deep breath. "Calm down, Mikasa. You should not butt in other's businesses" I muttered and face my self forward, focusing myself on the teacher.

-------

"Okay, Maggots! Before I dismiss you all, I'll group you into three!" Mr. Shadis stated and then started to group us into three. I am not that picky to whom I am gonna be grouped with but please, put me into a wise group, not full of bad boys or girls. "Ackerman" I heard my name getting called which I lifted my head up. "Arlert and Jaeger, you three are on the same group" Mr. Shadis demanded pointing at us. Me? With Armin and Eren? Really? I feel like I'm going to be left out. But......this is a huge opportunity to talk to Eren since I promised him to show how wonderful friendship was, even though it's cringey.