Chapter 13 - How Odd This Day Is

"Are you guys free next weekend?"

The goddess blonde asked. The group are now walking together outside the school and surprisingly, Armin and Eren tagged along.

"Why would you ask?" The black haired girl responded, her attention's on the phone. "Well, since we've got some new fellows here, maybe we should....you know, probably go out and have fun?" The goddess blonde stated. The black haired girl lifted her head up, looked at the blonde and gave a half-shrug.

"That might be great" the freckled Ymir agreed, her arms wrapped around the goddess blonde. The others nodded their heads and moved their eyes on to the duo, Eren and Armin. The Coco blonde just shrugged his shoulders and looked at the brunette which his eyes on his phone.

"What 'bout ya?" Connie asked, tapping the brunette's shoulder which made the brunette lift his head up, moving his attention at the others. "What?" The coldness in his voice didn't bother the others since they were already used even if it's already been 3 days since the two joined them.

"Wanna join us next weekend and go out somewhere?" Ymir asked. The brunette nodded his head and proceeded on his phone. The others looked at each other and then shrugged. Quite surprised that the brunette agreed, it's not in his character but it might be great to know him much more.

Unexpected, the horse face thought.

***

A Week After, Saturday

'Ding'

The sound of toaster echoed the silent morning, the smell of a newly toasted bread surrounded the kitchen along with the bright sun rays going across the windows giving a bright light in the room. The sound of the ravenette humming made it more refreshing along with the sizzling sounds and aroma of both bacon and eggs he was cooking.

"How odd it was that my dear cold lil' uncle was humming early in the morning"

A voice came behind the man. He didn't move his head and was still busy of what he was doing but he did know who it was. "Then, should I also say that how odd it is that my dear lazy cat niece surprisingly woke up early in the morning?" The man said, giving out a smirk, turning his head on to the girl behind him who was leaning on to the door, crossing her arms.

"Whatever" the girl said, rolling her eyes and walked to the table. The man walked across the other side of the table, placing down two plates with toasted breads, bacon and eggs on it. The girl already was prepared to eat it but the man stopped her.

"Make sure you wash your hands first" the man demanded making the girl frown and gather her feet up, walked on to the sink with her lazy composure. "How lazy" the man muttered, shaking his head out of disbelief.

***

"Good morning, mom" The brunette greeted his mother who was busy in the kitchen. "Morning, Dad" he added, now mentioning his dad who was also busy but reading some newspapers, drinking his coffee on the table. "Oh, good morning" The man, now mentioned as his dad responded.

The brunette walked to the table, just across the seat of his father. "Are you on your leave, dad?" The brunette asked, his brow lifted up. The man put the newspapers down and grabbed his coffee. "No, I'm not" he replied and then took a sip on his coffee. "Why do you ask, by the way?" The man added, his eyes laid off at the brunette's eyes which was practically the same brilliant emerald-green eyes. "It's odd that you're up this late in the morning" the brunette crossed his arms.

The man took a peek on his watch, 7:30 A.M. "Oh this? The hospital's quite in their silence, nothing much work to do so it's practically fine" the man explained and the brunette just shrugged.