Chapter 33: Who I Like? Isn't It Obvious?

"Kane, don't stop by here again before the dance, okay?"

"Why?"

Pandora bit at her bottom as she looked away from Kane. "Well, um..." she forced her eyes back on him. "You're taking Alyssa to the dance, right?"

He took a step closer in between them. "Yeah?"

"Y-you can focus on her, plus I don't want that bad juju in my house," she quickly answered as she took an attempt of a casual step back.

"I can tell her I'll meet her at the dance," he easily compromised. "What else?"

Pandora's lips moved as she tried to compensate for the lost time she could've had to think due to Kane's quick answer.

"I doubt she would be okay with not taking pictures with her date for her last Winter Ball."

"That can also be done at school."

"I doubt she would be okay with that."

Another step forward. "Really?" Kane challenged and Pandora faltered as she gave him a look of suspicion.

"Yes?" she answered slowly. It was obvious and Kane's challenging only made her more nervous.

"Pandora..." Her name rolled off his tongue as he took a step towards her. Pandora took another step back. "Sweetheart." More steps from him only made her move back more. She was finally stopped by a wall behind her.

Pandora sucked in a breath as Kane put his hands on either side of her face. He took his time lowering his head down until his lips reached her ears. "Princess," he whispered.

She helplessly sighed and felt herself leaning into him. He barely backed up to meet her eyes. The tips of their noses were a hair width apart and their lips felt even closer.

"Kane..." she sighed. She absentmindedly raised her hand to hold his neck. 'What is this?' The question bounced around in her mind. One of Kane's hand moved from the side of her head and held her lower back. She squeezed the hand on his neck. "Kane," she whined this time as she squeezed her eyes shut.

"Yes, Princess?" his voice was rough now. He moved his lips to her cheek. "Why are we doing this?"

She paused with a shakey breath. "Doing what?"

"Why are we stopping ourselves from doing what we want?"

"Y-you know why..."

"No, I don't," he countered as he pushed her hips against his. She gasped. "We don't have to be like this. I don't want to be like this."

"Then what should we do?"

"We just have to-"

A phone ring loudly interrupted Kane. Pandora jumped back and lifted her hand from his neck. He roughly sighed against her skin. He let go of Pandora to grab his phone. He finally backed up as he answered it.

"Yeah, Alyssa?"

It was Pandora's turn to sigh, turning her body away as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Yeah... Of course..." he glanced up at Pandora. "Yeah, my house at six is fine... I'll see you then."

Pandora fixed her mouth to a pout as she tapped her foot.

"You'll meet her at the dance, huh?" Pandora lowly grumbled as she walked towards her front door. She stopped and opened it for Kane. "You can go, Kane. I'll see you at the dance, okay?" she said as she kept her head down.

Kane stayed silent but she hear his sigh before he finally began walking. Before he left he gingerly held the side of Pandora's face.

"I'll see you," he told and finally left. Pandora could finally breathe again.