Chapter 9: The Big Game

Pandora trudged out her car to her house as she heard a house door open and close. She instinctively let her eyes trail to the sound and met Kane's eyes. He had a big duffle bag over his shoulders with football pads hanging over his bag. Tonight was Wilkin's most popular game against their rival school, William Ryan or the Vikings.

"You better not lose!" Pandora teased as she continued to make her way to her front door.

"I never lose, Sweetheart," Kane confidently assured. He reached his car and opened the backseat.

"I'm sure you don't," Pandora agreed with an actual natural smile.

Kane stood back up with a smirk, "Just for your doubt, if we win with my help you gotta give me a kiss," he bargained and Pandora laughed. He threw his bag in his backseat and leaned on the top of his car.

"My kisses are worth a lot," Pandora didn't miss the chance to brag with a playful shrug.

"I guess that's the jackpot then," Kane winked and she rolled her eyes.

"Just go and win," Pandora laughed as she unlocked her front door.

"Just for you my love," he promised as he blew her an exaggerated kiss before getting in his car. Pandora flipped him off but laughed as she entered her house. She sighed before continuing her way to her room to go straight to the shower. Her friends were coming over around six o'clock so they could go to the game together. She put her speaker on, blasted her music and went to take a shower.

It took Pandora about forty minutes to take a shower, get dressed, and do her makeup in a cute little style with black stripes on her cheek for the black out. She heard her doorbell as she finished the last stripe and went down to answer the door.

"Who is it?" Pandora asked when she reached the door.

"Your favorite people in the whole wide world," Phoenix's voice muffled through the door. Pandora rolled her eyes with a smile as she opened the door.

"Aw, you look cute," Laurel complimented as she pointed to Pandora's cheek.

"Same with you guys," she replied with a wink.

"Get your stuff, we're already late," Eve impatiently rushed and Pandora chuckled.

"You're the only one that actually cares about football so you're going to have to wait," she warned as she purposely took her time to make her way up the stairs for her things. Eve groaned as she stayed at the foot of the steps. "Don't worry I won't take too long," Pandora assured. She grabbed her bag and keys and turned the lights off before going back downstairs.

"Ready?" Laurel asked from her spot in the couch. Pandora nodded and walked to the front door to leave. As she walked to my car she saw Rosalia and Bella at their front door. They each had a Wilkins t-shirt on. They waved and Pandora gave a small wave back.

"Going to the game?" Bella asked.

"Of course," Pandora answered as she pointed to her painted cheek.

Bella laughed, "Well, sit with us if you find us and are willing to sit with the old folk," she welcomed and Pandora nodded with her own laugh.

"Will do," she told as she reached her car. She gave another wave goodbye before getting in her car. She waited for her friends to settle in their places. "Kane's mom and sister," Pandora readily informed as she started the car.

Phoenix gasped, "Ohh."

"Aw, they're watching him play," Eve cooed from the backseat and Pandora pulled out of her parking spot.