"I plan on pursuing music if my first album is successful. But motherhood is above any money making career. As for being a copartner in Robinson Incorporation, I became his right hand man the moment I agreed to marrying him." Josie looked up at me and we kissed.

"Can you explain why you cheated on Mr. Robinson?" I frowned and Josie looked like she was at a loss for words.

Liza came to the rescue and escorted us back to our limo.

"I'm sorry about all those questions." I said, squeezing the life out of Josie's hand.

"It's okay," she smiled. "You looked really good."

"Yeah?" I flirtatiously responded. She nodded and our eyes met one another's lips.

"Ahem!" Liza broke in. "I don't mean to interrupt but Harry, your mother just sent me a text. I growled and laid my head back.

"Ignore it."

"What did she say?" Josie innocently asked. I looked at her and she smiled back at me.

Liza looked to me for permission and I gave her a slight nod. She looked down at her phone and read the text out loud.

"Ask my son how in the world could he choose such a ... skank for a wife? Inform him that I am taking the next flight to Washington from LA today."

I groaned and folded my arms. "Text her back the wrong address." I simply said in return. I laid against the window and closed my eyes, trying to ignore all the insecurities my own mother leaving me made me develop. I felt a weight on me and knew Josie rested her frame on mine. I didn't know if my secretary, who thinks she usually knows what's best for me, sent the wrong address or not but I didn't really feel like caring. If my mother shows up today, I just won't let her inside, let alone, insult my Josie.

*****

Upon returning home, I set up a schedule for the next few months with Liza in my office, ignoring the smell of my wife's baking in the kitchen.

"How are you feeling?" Liza asked after I settled in my chair with a heavy sigh.

"Sick. Literally. I don't want to see that woman."

"Does Josie know about you and your mother's relationship?"

"Yes," I responded. I looked up at my secretary who was beautiful in the dim light of my office and sighed once more. "I don't know what to do when she arrives ... " I thought about what I was about to say and knew it was probably childish and foolish, but it still escaped my mouth. "Will you stay for dinner, Liza?"

"May I ask why?"

"I love Josie, and like she said earlier in front of the reporters, she's my second hand man. But I think we all know who that title really belongs to. Josie's my support mentally and as my wife. She's someone I go to when work is hard as well as life. But I've known you longer. You've truly been there with me during my ups and downs. And you know the extent of my relationship with my mother. So ... as my secretary and in fact my best friend, I'm asking for your support tonight when my mother arrives."

"Of course."

*Josie*

Upon hearing who my husband's best friend was, I decided not to barge into his studies and offer him and his model for a secretary any cookies. And I walked back into the kitchen, waiting for them to be done.