Shopaholic For A Wife

*Josie*

I was sick a third day but feeling much better. When I woke the third morning, Harry was sleeping sound beside me.

He's so cute. When he's relaxed like this he's so much younger than he is. Maybe even still a teenager.

I slipped my fingers through his greasy hair, loving the feeling of finally being able to do so. So soft. Then his eyes popped open.

"What are you doing?"

"N—nothing!" I withdrew my hand and sat up. He did too in a rush and jumped off the bed.

"I apologize for sleeping in your bed last night." I shook my head.

"Thank you. I'm the one who should be sorry for making you sleep in my bed." He shyly smiled as he wore red on his boney cheeks. He looked around nervously then grabbed his laptop and folders.

"I need to go into work today," he nervously said. I nodded.

"I'm sorry, I've been keeping you from it."

"No, no. I chose to stay home and make sure that you were okay." I smiled. He left the room with a goodbye and I plopped back down on the bed.

I finally crawled out of bed and went downstairs to make myself some breakfast. I made two eggs, some toast with jam, four slices of bacon, two glasses of milk, some hash browns, two glasses of orange juice, a banana, a pear, like four cutie oranges, and a bowl of apple sauce.

At ten o'clock I was sitting on the couch on my fourth granola bar looking at my phone. I burped and looked at the wrappers on the cushion next to me. I looked at the half eaten bar in my hand then finished it in two bites. I then got up from my imprinted spot on the couch and made myself a pot of Mac-n-cheese.

The next few days past as usual with me flirting with Harry and he not getting it. Or at least that's what I told myself. He would flirt back in some instances but at other times I realized he was just being nice.

By the time I was eleven weeks pregnant, I began noticing the weight gain in my stomach. I stood in front of the mirror looking at myself in my braw and underwear. I had to go to the office today to talk about recording some of the other songs I've written.

I ran my hand over the little bump that was beginning to grow. I wonder if Harry has noticed. Will he like me any less if I'm not skinny? I'm already a bit curvy for my height and I can't help it. I love food too much!

I slipped on a pair of skinny jeans, which squeezed my tummy, then a loose shirt to hide the belly. I put on a jacket and was out the door.

I got to the recording studio and texted Harry that I was in the building and that at lunch we should go out. He didn't text back and I was a little disappointed.

I recorded one song about six times then it was lunch time. The man in charge, Shawn, was super nice.

"Mrs. Robinson," he said, "that was really good." I slipped into the control room and thanked him.

"Let's get lunch together with the crew."

"Oh, I'm going to get lunch with Harry. One second, actually." I looked at my phone and still nothing from Harry. I quickly texted Liza and she immediately texted back that Harry's phone was in his office and that he was in a very important meeting. I told her to tell him that I was going out with the people here. She didn't respond.

I got back to the Robinson Incorporation Building laughing and giggling around with the crew from the recording studio.

"Hey, let's exchange numbers to stay in touch." I nodded to every guy who asked me. I knew they were flirting with me and just hitting on me and I allowed it. I kind of liked the attention. I sure as heck wasn't getting it at home. I gave the boys my number and told myself that it was for business purposes.