━2.29

Bodies of the various creatures littered to house, glass shattered doors and walls dented as the five of them stood in the living room

Aria let out a heavy breath of air, letting herself fall back on the sofa behind her- unenergetic and in a state of shock.

Donghyuck walked over with concern, rubbing her shoulder comfortingly.

"One thing I never understood was why Angels and Demons still bleed." Chaerin huffed, wiping the blood from her lip.

"It's a store of blood in us to heal others love, we've been through this."
"Yeah, what's the point without a beating heart." She commented.

Renjun groaned, stretching out his muscles as they ached.
"These motherfuckers don't even rest." He spat out, cracking his bone back into place.

Donghyuck crouched down in front of Aria, worried eyes staring up at her as he grasped her hands in his.

"Hey Belle, you okay?" He asked softly as he looked for any sign she was hurt and she didn't reply at first.

The room was silent when she spoke up, the sound of her fearful voice making them all realise the weight of the situation.

"It's already started hasn't it?"

"Right, now that I've clarified everything- does anyone have any questions?" Jisung asked as he looked at the crowd of beings who wanted the world to remains as it is.

Masses of hands shot up in the air but the boy didn't give it a second glance.
"Okay great." He spoke, turning around to Chaerin.

One rolled his eyes, stepping forward.
"Nice to see you again Jisung."
"Ah, Mark." Jisung quipped.

Chaerin's face lit up.
"Mark! Hey!"

There was a hand on Aria's shoulder which brought her out or her daze- Jaemin looking down at her with serious eyes.

"I might not be your guardian angel anymore but I promise to still protect you as best as I can." He said genuinely and Aria smiled at him.

"Your jealousy is showing bro." Renjun stated to Donghyuck who practically burned holes into Jaemin.

"Shut up, is everyone here?"
"Yep and I hate every single one of them."

The tension in the air brightened, the scent of rotten flesh and unknown creatures filling the air as everyone began to stance defensively.

Donghyuck grabbed Aria's hand, gripping it tightly.
"You're not fighting." He said sternly. "You're staying with the witches- they'll protect you." He said, pointing over to a group of girls whispering amongst themselves.

"What, what about you?" Aria asked frantically in a panic, gripping his shirt as she scanned his eyes.

He gave her a small smile in attempts to ease her mind.
"I'll be okay Belle."
"No Hyuck, please I don't want you to get hurt." She said desperately, the starting of yells and pained grunts filling the air.

Alarmed, the girl whipped her head back to see a battle already commencing and the witches heading over to her.

She shook her head frantically, gripping tighter onto Donghyuck with her eyes wide with gleams of tears.

"Stay with me, please?"
"Belle...you'll be safe with them I promise okay?" He said, cupping her cheeks so they would squish her face slightly and it left a smile on his lips.

Donghyuck placed a delicate yet heart warming kiss on her lips before resting his head on hers.

"I promise I won't let anything happen to you Belle."

"Found her!" A wicked scream broke out. "Get the stone and unleash them!"

Donghyuck's eyes widened, gently pushing Aria away from him and into the ring of witches as he took one last glance at her and ran into the battleground.

Yikes ➖👄➖ pretend I'm not responsible for what's about to happen