━2.15

Aria and Donghyuck made eye contact, the room falling silence as she held an emotionless expression

There was a pause as Donghyuck flashed a slightly scared smile.
"You finally got your wings..." He chuckled, trying make things better but clearly it had the opposite affect.

Aria laughed sarcastically, mocking his small joke before turning deadly serious with narrowed eyes.

"Oh my Go-"
"Ghost." Renjun interjected.

"What's wrong with you hyuck!" She exclaimed angrily, everyone around them flinching and slowly dispersing elsewhere at the sight of her eyes flashing in rage.

Donghyuck winced as she strode over to him, Renjun moving out of the way which cause Donghyuck to grab onto Aria's shoulders.

"How are you feeling? Did it hurt?"
Aria looked at him incredulously.
"You're basically beaten to death and you're asking me if I'm okay?"

Donghyuck nodded, sliding his arms around her to rest his head in the crook of her neck, the soft feathers of her wings enclosing him in warmth and blocking out the view of others when they brushed against the crown of his head.

"Getting your wings hurts like shit." He said, unable to laugh otherwise it would hurt- bad.

Aria sighed, her anger diminishing as he put her arms around him.
"Can you heal? Is it bad- let me see." She began and he groaned, shaking his head.

"Wait,"
"What?" She asked, furrowed brows and she began to get increasingly worried- trailing her hand down his arm and pulling away.

"Does it really hurt? What can I do, how do I heal you or whatever? Isn't that what soul-"

"You didn't give me a congratulatory kiss." He said through a pained voice and her face fell.

"Lee Donghyuck."
"Yes?" He flinched at what was to come but instead she sighed heavily.

"Okay fine, come here."
Donghyuck's face lit up, almost like he had never been hurt.

"Really!" He began to move towards her when she nodded, leaning in.
"Yeah, after you get medical help you dumbass."

Aria leant away, beginning to walk down the hallway with Donghyuck staring at where she once was.

"Wait!" He called out after her, wanting to teleport over but it proved to be majorly painful for the Demon.

"Belle!"

At his yell, the Hybrid stopped and pinched the bridge of her nose.
"I'm still mad at you, I can't believe you-"

The girl was cut off by his thumb and finger lifting her chin up midway through an angry rant.

"I'm okay, it's not that bad."
Aria bit at her bottom lip in guilt.
"I just...I don't want you to get hurt for me Hyuck." She said in a whisper, looking up at him with pleading eyes.

"I'm scared." She admitted and his shoulders slumped and eyes softened; gently tucking her hair behind her ear so he could see her better.

"Scared of what Belle?" He said softly and the girl frowned, unable to keep her sadness and guilt at bay.

"I'm just scared you'll get really hurt and...I'm scared you'll leave me. I don't want you to be hurt, I just want to be safe and happy."

"I am happy Belle, I'm happy with you."
"I am too." She said with a smile despite her heart breaking at his injuries.

She brushed his cheekbone lightly, the cut already healing and she sighed.
"Please be careful, promise me?"
"I promise my love." He said, pressing a gentle kiss on her forhead.

When he pulled away, Aria intently gazed into his eyes with full blown adoration.
"I love you Hyuck." She said with a smile, causing him to smile back.
"I love you too idiot." He rolled his eyes, leaning down to press a kiss to her lips this time.

"Here's my congratulatory kiss- many more to come I hope."
"I'll see what I can fit into my busy schedule." She replied cheekily, pulling him back down for a small short-lived yet soft kiss.

"I feel like a proud Mum." Chaerin said in awe.

"Scandalous."