━1.37

Will our stars ever align?

"I don't know Chae, it's just

"I don't know Chae, it's just..." Aria trailed off as she walked alongside the Demon girl. "Sometimes I feel like Jaemin and I are on two different paths and wavelengths you know?"

"Hm, elaborate." Chaerin spoke, opening the door to the café and Aria lightly thanked her as she stepped inside.

The cooling air conditioner of the café hit them both, Aria calming herself down slightly along with it.

"Sometimes I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around Jaemin, like I'm going out of my way to be extra 'angelic' and perfect in case he isn't put off by me."

"Why would you ever do that, plus I'm really sorry to burst your bubble but I think dating an Angel isn't the best thing."

"Is it really that bad?" Aria asked with a frown as they took a seat and Chaerin raised her brows.

"You seriously don't know?" Chaerin inquired, surprised she hadn't known before.
"Don't know what?" Aria asked confused as she looked at the girl.

"If Jaemin dates you, falls in love with you and pursues you as his lover or whatever, he'll be committing a sin."

Aria's eyes widened, her gut sinking and wrenching tightly.
"You mean..."
"He'd get his wings ripped off and I don't know how many Angels would risk that for love."

The distant sounds of traffic below was accompanied by bright neon lights of the bustling city causing Aria to let out a short breath of air, hands in her lap as she thought deeply in the abyss of her plagued mind.

"Where is he?" She whispered to herself, looking around to see the usual annoying Demon boy who was always there when she was.

She couldn't keep still, the anxiety bubbling up inside of her as she subconsciously waited for Donghyuck to arrive.

Being alone at the cliff proved to be slightly uncomfortable, on edge she felt without his presence.

Now come to think of it, Donghyuck had always been there whenever she was feeling down and it felt her feeling remains of guilt.

Aria kept flickering her gaze around, there wasn't even the same black cat she saw on a daily basis either and her brows furrowed.

Her fingers hovered over his contact in her phone, internally debating with herself but before she could even decide- her body began to heat up and the flames licked up it- eyes turning a deathly orange.

"Ah, she's back." Taeyong muttered, sighing to himself as he stepped aside for Doyoung to open the gates.

Aria wordlessly walked through the gates with the boy in her arms, the rope marks scarring his neck and she began to walk towards the tree stump.

"Where did you find him?" Doyoung asked curiously and Aria's eyes were glazed over as the images of his life appeared through her mind and the traces of mournful, burdensome tears sprung to her eyes.

"He killed himself in the park." She muttered out, choked up.

The two men thankfully took over, pushing the girl in the direction of the large grand house to which she walked towards with a heavy heart and her throat constricted.

Almost like she could feel how he felt as he suffocated to death, body shaking as she walked into the building like it was second nature.

"Aria?"