How it began

kyla's POV,  

my eyes fluttered open to a knock on the door . i got up from the bed my mom and i shared and stretched i looked at the time on my phone and realised it was 3pm so it was probably my mom coming back

i lazily walked to the door and opened it, i squinted my eyes at the light when i saw the cop standing at the door........ugh......they always confuse our house with Kenny's, kenny was our drunk neighbor who always got in trouble with cops

"not this house officer, it's the third down the hall," i said rubbing my eyes closing the door before the cop stopped it

i gave him a quizzy look, "Miss i'm here for you, are you Mickaela Brooks? " yes sir" i replied suddenly nervous. "i'm very sorry to tell you this but your mother had been found unconscious but there was nothing we could do because  unfortunately she had already died, i'm very sorry for your loss " the officer said with a look of pity

My mother couldn't be dead, no that couldn't be possible, i was with her hours ago, "sir i think you're mistaken nooo, my mom works at a coffee shop down the street sir, actually she's about to come home she comes back at four" panic slowly crept in. "Miss i'm really sorry you mother......she was found down the street already dead, i promise you we will get to the bottom of this. But since you are still a minor you have to come with me and we'll find you a good place to stay , i'm really sorry miss."

no he was lying , my mother was all i had left , my rock my shield everything i had left, without her i had nothing to live for.

The cop told me to pack all my stuff because there was no time and we would live in 20 minutes. With tears falling down my cheeks i went into the small room that my mom and i shared and started packing my things.We didn't have much, so my clothes and a few other stuff fit in my school bag and a duffle bag . I locked the door and took one last look at the house, it wasn't the best place to live but it brought me comfort. as we left i felt as if i also left all my happiness and life in that house . In the car, I looked out the window thinking of how my life was going to be without my mom.I couldn't help but let a few tears cascade down my face.

We reached the police station,the officer told me to enter into one of their lounge rooms i wasn't sure if they'd send me to an orphanage or put me up for foster care. But if there was one thing  i was sure about is that i'd never see my beloved mother again. i sobbed silently as the cop left me there alone. 

"Yes that's the Mickayla daughter of Grace Williams..........Are u sure the medical tests match............, and they are willing to adopt her back?........ okay.......Alright" i heard the cop say from the door

Curiosity filled me...... medical test? could it be my dad? but mama said he was dead,.......but did it really matter, no one could ever take care of me the same way my mom did, i couldn't live without my mom and thats when i made my decison "mom i'm coming we'll be together again i promise." i whispered to my self.

So hey guys this is my first story hope you liked the first chapter