~FIFTY THREE~

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Uh main chalta hoon."

"No stay here. Main karlungi agar zaroorat padi toh I'll come find you." Naina shook her head, trying to be so incredibly strong. Asad grabbed her hand and entwined his fingers with hers.

"Insurance ka mera, maa aur Shehnaz ka hain, naam dikhega. A..aur card 2379 ka." He said.

"Alright. I'll be back." Naina whispered, kissing his hand. He felt so incredibly grateful for the little girl, she grew up into such a strong and a caring woman. Asad walk out with her, wrapping an arm around her waist and she leaned into him, sighing. It was a tough night.

A phone rang, he looked towards a teary eyed Shehbaz whose eyes were red and his face was wheezing with tears.

"P..papaji." his voice shook as soon as he answered. He quickly stood up and left the room.

"Sidharth, buzzer hain. You can click on it if she's awake or you need absolutely anything. These are one of the finer rooms, you'll be here for a while. Get comfortable." Dr. Janki smiled. He nodded.

He put another chair on the other side of the bed and grabbed Shehnaz's hand. There was an IV stuck to the back of it, so he tenderly kissed the fingertips and held them to his head. He let a few tears slip out of his eyes at they sat in the cold, scary hospital room. His heart yearned for his baby and for his wife. He laid a hand on the bump softly.

"Hi baccha. Papa here." He whispered, the harsh shake in his voice couldn't go unnoticed.

"You're okay my love. Papa ka haalath kharab ho raha hain lekin mumma is being so strong. She's the strongest woman I know baccha. So p..please be okay. For my Shehnaz. Uska aur tera alag bond hain, she knew you were okay. Usne bol diya ki woh tere bina marr jaayegi. Aur main uske bina marr jaunga baccha. Woh duniya ki sabse strongest mumma hain. Aur tu duniya ka sabse strongest baby hain meri jaan. Please be okay. P.. Please please be okay. I can't do life without you both. I love you baccha. More than life. Just please... Be okay. Mumma aur papa ke liye. We need you.." He sobbed, resting his on the bed. His body shook as harsh sobs and cries left his mouth. He never thought life would test him like this. Or Shehnaz... Her life was nothing but struggles. She struggled with her parents, she struggled with family, she struggled in her childhood, she struggled in her career, she struggled mentally, she struggled in their relationship, and now, what was supposed to be the happiest of her life, she was struggling again.

"Shehnaz.." he cried.

"Uthja baby... We have to make decisions. I need you meri jaan." He cried. For this cruel life. He was disturbed, so incredibly disturbed. He remembered how his gut wrenched when he touched her in between her legs, all the blood, the red underwear, the way it covered her beautiful hands, the way he believed he was washing his baby away. He cried harder. He felt traumatised. He couldn't even begin to imagine how she was feeling.

"S.. Sidharth... Sidharth. Sidharth!" She whispered in a still, small, and scared voice.

"Sidharth? S... Sona?" Her voice wasn't very audible. But he let out a cry and stood up.

"Baby! Baby! Shehnaz? Yahi pe hoon." He whimpered. Her eyes opened and she frantically looked for him and her hand for her bump. He clicked on the buzzer switch.

"Yahi pe hoon. Right here baby. Dono hain yahi pe." He said urgently, cupping her face in one hand and putting the other one on the bump.

"So.. Sona bhi? Dono?" She asked.

"Haan meri jaan. Dekh. Sona hain." He said, pointing to the screen where there was a lifeline, with the wire that was hooked to her stomach. The door opened and a nurse walked on, she saw that Shehnaz was awake and walked back out to get the doctor. Sidharth softly stroked her face as she smiled at the screen. How she had it in herself to do this, he didn't know. Then her smile was directed to him, two of her front teeth stuck out, he chuckled and bent over and kissed her lips softly.