TEOYAM | 04. Science & Faith

Start from the beginning

But turns out, I was wrong.

Yep, I passed out.

The second he cut the frog open, I lost consciousness and fell off my stool. I didn't even realize it until three hours later when I woke up with a massive headache at the clinic. Surprised would be an understatement when I woke up and Harry was sitting on my bed, nursing the bump on my head that I gained from my fall earlier with an ice pack.

"W-what happened?" I groggily asked. I could barely keep my eyes open, but I tried anyway because I wanted to know and see what was going on. I wasn't expecting to see him there, by my side, when he was supposed to be in class. And mostly, I wasn't expecting the reaction I got from him after I woke up. He let out a sigh of relief, placed the ice pack on the tray by the bedside, and hugged me.

Yep, he hugged me.

In bed.

And I didn't like hugs. I hate hugs.

I could feel the rush of heat to my cheeks caused by the sudden contact. He pulled away from me a second or two later with a huge smile on his face, while I just laid there with wide eyes, that were staring right back into his, and most definitely with flushed cheeks.

"I-- uh." I couldn't speak. What the hell just happened?

He probably realized how awkward the situation was after my response so he ran a hand through his hair and proceeded to laughing it off.

"For an actor, you have a pretty fake laugh." I criticized him jokingly. Maybe this will bring us back to normal.

"Maybe, but for someone who loves zombies and all that gore-y stuff, you're pretty weak. That was just a bloody frog, Ronnie." He chuckled more naturally this time.

I gasped, "how dare you, Styles? How dare you?" I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms. "I never liked slimey whatevers. Frogs, especially. More when they're freaking open!" I spat out. He just continued laughing, thinking I wasn't being serious. "Don't make fun of me." I frowned, pouting my lips subconsciously.

"Ronnie!!!" He shouted as he stood up, making me jump a little.

"What?"

"Stop doing the puppy eye look." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"What's wrong with my puppy eye look?"

"You're too cute." He mumbled, almost inaudibly, but not inaudible enough for me to not hear what he said.

And there it was again.

My cheeks at that time could probably replace Rudolph's nose because of how red they were. Why do I keep on blushing? Geez. Did I hit my head that hard? Really?

"What did you say?" I asked on reflex as I sat up slowly.

"You're making me feel bad."

I laughed it off, pulling him by the shoulder so he was sitting on my bed again before I proceeded to messing his hair.

"I hate it when you do that." He groaned.

"Really? Then do something about it." I stuck my tongue out at him and a mischievous smile played on his lips. I knew what he was going to do next. He does this all the freaking time. And in public too. Ever since he found out where I was most ticklish, he has been poking me there whenever we joke around. I can't count the times he almost fell off his chair laughing at my reaction whenever he tickled me.

He wasn't going to win this time though. He tried tickling me, but before he could poke me on the side, I had already jumped out of bed.

"Hey! Who said you could leave the bed?" He laughed as he chased after me.