TEOYAM | 10. Heart Like Stone

Many people love Wednesdays, mostly because it's in the middle of the week, meaning the weekend is just around the corner. People come alive during Wednesdays. They make exciting plans for what's to come in a few days and that's enough to keep them going for the last few week days.

But I don't.

I don't like Wednesdays.

If anything, I abhor Wednesdays.

Wednesdays were like Mondays in my book because I always wake up every Wednesday on the wrong side of the bed.

Why, you ask?

It's because every Wednesday, I'm required to eat breakfast with my mother. I know what you're thinking. If I'm such a rebel, why can't I just skip breakfast on Wednesdays with my mother? Let me enumerate the reasons why: 1) my driver's day off is every Wednesday which means, 2) I have to ride with my mom and her driver to the city and 3) I can't drive myself to school because mom refuses to let me drive and park our cars in the middle of Manhattan. I have done that several times in the past and I've pissed her so much our car keys (yes, all sixteen car keys) "miraculously" disappear every Wednesday morning. I would walk to school, but in case you didn't know, Trinity was at least an hour and forty five minutes away from our house in Sagaponack so obviously, that wasn't an option.

Long story short, I don't have much of a choice.

Breakfast with my mother was much much much more worse than Sunday Brunch at the Palace with all our superficial family friends. And that specific Wednesday is a perfect example of why.

I woke up with possibly the worst hangover I've ever had all eighteen years of my life. Trust me when I say that's big news. As you may have noticed, I'm far from being a good girl. I'm the type of girl who parties harder than everyone else in a room. I was literally the life of the party... or the dead because I tend to pass out about 80% of the time I've partied. I've done many illegal things at a very young age. Listing all of that will take us forever and a day so I'm not gonna go into details on that one.

I don't know how I managed to go home, really. I was expecting waking up on someone's bed with someone butt naked next to me. Thank God I didn't. Then again, I did party with Rachel who remained completely sober last night. What a cheater, but thank God for her. I really hated the idea of waking up next to anyone, mostly because I hate cuddling. Partially because the idea of waking up next to a complete stranger when every freaking inch of your body was in pain wasn't a very appealing sight.

Another unappealing sight was the breakfast table that morning. Don't get me wrong, I love bacon and eggs for breakfast. What I didn't like was having to eat that with so much utensils. Since I was eating breakfast with my mother, I was forced to step up my table manners-- which I hated more than usual. I mean, I could barely move and having to switch utensils every now and then when all I wanted to do was shove all of it inside my mouth was a big pain in the butt.

I let out a groan as I dropped my utensils on the table. I give up. This is impossible. Instead of letting my actions go, my mother took that as her cue to talk to me. Much to my dismay, she decided to speak to me about that conversation I was avoiding. No, the talk parents give their children when they start getting curious. My mother was fully aware I'm way past the curious stage.

"The boy you took to the auction," my mother paused as she placed her utensils down and faced me, "he's the same guy you threw a party for right?"

"Pardon?" My throat went dry and my mind tried to think of ways to avoid the conversation we were about to have.

"I know you threw a party here when we were out of town. Is he the guy you were with at the annual Rockefeller Charity Auction?" She asked calmly. I knew her too well to be fooled by this, however. She was anything but calm. Only time could tell when she was going to talk to me about Harry and how fortunate am I that she chose that day. That day when I felt like I was gonna die because of my headache, not to mention how bothered I am by the piranhas that come to life inside my stomach whenever Harry is mentioned.