TEOYAM | 15. Just Forget the World

After that trip to Brooklyn, I felt a bit better even if I haven't seen Harry since that day.

Maybe what people always say about speaking up about how you feel will make you better is true after all. I know I didn't tell him straight out that I have feelings for him, but that was a good start. That was progress and progress is always good, right?

I guess it's safe to say that we're back to normal. Or at least, I was trying my best to act normal around him. We've been texting each other constantly again and I could reply more than just an "oh, good to know". So far, so good.

The distance caused by my absence from school was surprisingly helping, probably because I was able to avoid seeing Genevieve, whom I've been dying to punch square in the face since last week. Actually, since about three years ago.

Although I only walked for Zara, I managed to skip the entire week at school due to my mom's insistent demand that I "associate myself with people from our world". She even took the liberty to speak to Mr. Colton in person, saying that it was an important family matter. I wasn't about to complain, though.

I knew I needed the break and it was working. I was less hot headed the past few days and I was actually enjoying my time meeting my mom and my Uncle's designer friends. I even got the privilege to sit right next to the legendary American Vogue Editor-in-Chief, Anna Wintour, in one of the shows which was downright amazing. I finally understood why people were quite scared and intimidated by her, but she wasn't all that bad. She was quite civil and classy, and very very knowledgeable. Whenever she talked, she knew exactly what she was talking about. I'm quite surprised I wasn't gawking at her the entire time we were talking. We got to chat about the possibility of me appearing on an editorial in the near future at one of the mini after show celebrations, and that was like the cherry on top of my very good New York Fashion Week so far.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, it did.

For the Academy of the Arts show, I had to compete with Genevieve on who walks last. Yes, she was walking for that show too (not so surprised there, really). I walked into the room for the final rehearsal and there she was in the middle of the runway, demanding that she walks last because apparently, her cousin was one of the designers from that school. The director, however, wanted me to walk last and to settle everything, they made us walk the runway and who walks better walks last. The heavens must love me so much that week because I won. Genevieve stomped away from us with a really angry look on her face. She should've known that things don't always go her way.

This was my freaking week and there's no way in hell I was letting her ruin it for me.

Fumbling with my fingers as I took deep breaths, I walked back and forth backstage, waiting for my cue to finally walk on the runway. As expected, it was very rowdy and crowded with all the stylists, make up artists, backstage crew, models, caterers and photographers for the show.

Even with all the commotion that surrounded me, the noises in my head and my nerves still overpowered all the distraction I needed to be patient or calm before my turn. It was weird because I didn't feel this way when I walked for Zara. I was pretty calm and collected, then again, maybe it was because I just went with the motion that time compared to now wherein I was walking for myself.

I know what you're thinking. What's so hard about walking in heels on a runway? I mean, it's not like I'm gonna make a speech about the economy or something of national importance. But then, that's the thing. When you walk the runway, you don't get to speak. How you walk, how you carry yourself, in front of hundreds (or more) people is all the chance you get to tell a message. If you don't get to convey what you want to people, what's the point in doing anything? Walking on that runway as Ronnie, just Ronnie, is exactly what I've been wanting since I was a kid and this-- I can't stress this enough-- is very important to me.