19 Mourn it....oops... ing.

Edited by zed_751

Hazel's P.O.V

I woke up to the flickering beam of morning light that was dancing on my eyelids through the closed curtains which were swaying to the cool breeze. I felt warm and peaceful, but I was sure that it wasn't the effect this beautiful new day was having on me. I grunted lowly, refusing to open my eyes, purely because of the satisfactory slumber I had had since so long.

I try shifting to my side, but something stops me. Squinting through my eyes, I realised my hands and legs were wrapped around something and to my surprise and incredulity, there was something warm and heavy wrapped around my waist too, pinning me to the bed.

In an instant, I open my eyes wide, abandoning all laziness.

I was greeted by some- one.

There was the sleeping figure of Edward beside me.

He looked so calm and collected in his sleep. So childlike and peaceful in contrast to last night when he had been intimidating and had kept warning me. Yes, I was surely being an ass to him, but despite the sass I threw at him occasionally, there was no denying the feeling of dread creeping over me.

Before you all start showering me with hate, remember that I wasn't being an ass for no reason. Even though I feared him, along with that sense of fear, there was this certainty that before anything could ever touch me or harm me in any way, that he would be there shielding me.

Even if that shield was himself.

Trust me, I know that no one in their right mind will believe that the devil is of no harm. That was a whole load of bull. I wanted to believe in his words and get shit scared of him and take off to the hills, but this inner voice of mine kept championing me to do the complete opposite. To provoke him, to challenge the devil and welcome his wrath upon me. These unholy urges kept surfacing and in a way, it actually worked. It kept both him and I on our toes.

I was pulled out of my absurd thoughts by the warm breath fanning across my cheeks. Despite all that was going on, I smile, knowing it's his.

Raising my gaze, I was met by the tantalising sight of his dark, long eyelashes, resting on his tanned, sculpted cheekbones. My eyes trailed down to his set of dark lips, which seemed to be beckoning to me. Tease.

I stopped myself from leaning in.

My eyes weren't done with their tour yet, though.

I lift my hand to stroke away the few strands of hair that had fallen carelessly on his forehead, but before I could touch them, his eyes flutter open and I freeze with my hand half raised. For a moment, I just lay there, unmoving and staring in his eyes trying to unearth the mood he was in. All I saw was a coldness brewing in those emerald orbs.

I gave up and drifted my gaze somewhere else, not wanting to make myself look like a fool. I tried to wriggle my way out, away from him but his grasp on my waist wasn't loosening.

Not knowing why the hell he was neither speaking nor leaving me was agitating the crap out of me, but I was not ready to plead with him to let me go. Not yet. If that's what he wants, then I was never going to do what he had wanted. Call me stubborn. I couldn't bring myself to care.

"Don't ignore. " His voice sounded husky from sleep and it was all I could do to not melt right then and there.

The effect this man has on me was crazy.

I almost looked up at him but stopped myself since I was not sure of what he had asked me to not ignore.

"I said don't. Ignore." This time, his voice was firm. It wasn't a mere statement, but a sort of declaration which warned me against challenging it, so I reluctantly looked at him.