13. Confronting him.

Hazel.

"Why am I here ?" I ask him, finally mustering the guts to blurt the one question which had been swarming in my mind.

"For your treatment." He answers simply and I look at his way, expecting him to elaborate more on that answer, but he never did.

"I figured that much. I remember what had happened to me earlier. What I want to know is what on Earth am I doing in a hospital?” 

"Huhhh-hhh. You need to rest and I will talk to you later." He responded vaguely. 

"Look Ed......," I began, but trail off as I never knew the reason why, but I had never called him out by his name. I had dreamt plenty of doing so, but had never uttered it out loud in reality. 
To be honest, saying his name out loud feels so familiar and weird all the same. In a nice way though. 

"Edward. It's  Edward Marshall." He offers. 

"I know." I say, but immediately clamp my mouth shut. I never wanted him to know of the fact that I knew of him, but here I was, blurting things out enough to cause him to suspect me and for me to feel embarrassed of myself. 

Seriously. I could have just played dumb and introduced myself to this man. More like, ‘Hey, I am Hazel. Nice to meet you,' would have been less embarrassing and stalkerish. Oh God, Hazel. Why? Just why do you have to screw up? Oh great now, I don't even know what I have done, yet here I am, reprimanding myself.

"You knew?" He asks with what I swear was an amused glint and a tinge of excitement lightening his eyes.

What is there to be excited about in this? It's just a damn name. 

"Yes." I reply shortly. 

I definitely wasn't spellbound or whatever by this man. I just had a lot of questions popping around in my mind, about my current condition which I desperately needed the answers to. 

Looking up at the mons--- man, I wasn't sure how far I could push him for the answers I'd needed. I was itching to let him know that I knew who he was beneath that placid facade and snap at him to drop the act. I needed to tell him that, no matter what, we could never be like other mates, but I just couldn't bring myself to say those things to him outright, right now. Whether it was due to my fear for him or what, I didn't know .

"What else do you know about me?" His velvety voice interjected my raging thoughts. 

"That you're the Alpha of the Silver Moon Ridder’s pack, who are known for their crazy speed and that you are a wise leader who knows how to lead his followers in the right direction. You have a lot of money, seeing as you are a billionaire or something like that in the human world. You own a really big and beautiful Mansion and you are also referred to as a mons-,’ I cut myself off abruptly. “Yeah, that's it," I finish off instead. 

Shit. What the hell was I about to say and why? 

Wait, didn't I want to say it? Sure, but he didn't do or say anything wrong right now, so why be harsh?

"What were you about to say?" He questions in a low, curious tone.

"Nothing. It was nothing." I answer, hoping he would let it go.

"Yeah, okay." He agrees, much to my relief. 

"So why don't you tell me something about you, Hazel?," he inquired, leaning forward. 

"My name is Hazel Parker." I supply. Yeah, I know that he probably knew my name. He'd just addressed me with it. 

What could I do? I'd never introduced myself to anyone before and even if I did I was so not about to tell him anything about me. Just the simple facts would do. It wasn't as if I was hiding anything, but I just chose not to. He doesn't need to know my life story.