16. What is his problem.

Edited by zed_751

Hazel's. P. O. V

He just walks in, sees me staring at him, incredulous, strolls towards me and before I could comprehend what was going on, he had scooped me into his arms, bridal style and just - held me that way. 

What? 

"Aaaahhhh.......Edward?,” I began, uncomfortably. “ What the hell are you doing?” When he doesn't reply, I ball my fists and proceed to pound him on his hard chest. 

"Set me down," I ordered. Still no reply. Here I was, looking ridiculously pathetic in his arms while he looked away at something.“Edward!” I yell to gain his attention. At that, he glances down at me and throws me a look as if to say what he was doing was obvious, then he starts to walk. 

I continued to jab him and demand that he set me down, but after a minute I gave up and settled on glaring at his arms around me with colourful insults swirling in my mind. I winced as my lower abdomen hurt like a bitch.

In order to distract myself from the throbbing of my injury, I decided to make conversation with the Goliath who was carrying me around. 

“Hey. Why are you carrying me?” It surprised me how calm and collected I'd sounded. Such a contrast to what I had sounded like a few minutes ago. 

He again gave me an are-you-seriously-asking-me- this? are - you- stupid? look which was enough for me to understand and shut up. 

He sets me down on the hospital bed as if I was made of glass. Cliché, I know, but Edward being gentle, especially to me was not something I could get used to anytime soon. 

“For real though, why exactly was I carried here?,” I inquired.

His emerald orbs darkened. "I saw you wince when you had jumped off the bed. I couldn't allow you to walk. Neither could I let you sit on the floor for so long when you are healing."

I sigh. "C'mon, you don't have to do all that. I am-" 

"I don't have to, I want to, Hazel. So stop arguing." He interrupted. 

"I am not arguing. It is my body after all and you don't get to do whatever you want with it, okay?,” I snapped. 

"Yes I do. I can do whatever the hell I want," he growls. 

"No. You don't.” 

He leaned in closer with a devilish glint in his eyes. “ Playing hard to get. Are we? I love a challenge, baby girl.” His eyes flickered to my lips, then back up again. “ I'd like to see you stop me from doing whatever I want." 

“I don't  want anything to do with you, so don't you challenge me." I whisper. 

"Hard luck, princes. I told you. You don't have a choice. You are staying with me from now on, for every single minute of your life."

"Stay with you, my foot." I mutter under my breath forgetting the fact that he actually could hear me. 

"What was that?"

"Nothing,” I huff. “ I said nothing." 

"Better."

A knock sounded on the door just then and I instantly knew who it was when Daniel's voice flitted through. 

I was more than happy to know someone has come and saved us from sort of conversation that we didn't wanted to do.

"I am opening this door. I hope you both are dressed and that there would be no need for me to close the door back again and be scarred for life." He mutters dramatically and pushes open the door before any of us could permit him to enter.