Chapter 18 - Perfect

Chapter 18

Hero

We got here at the perfect time this sunset is one of the best I've seen in London for a long time, it probably helps that we're no longer surrounded by a bunch of stuffy old skyscrapers, I'm not very sentimental but it is kinda beautiful but nothing compared to her.

She's still standing behind me in awe at our surroundings which I'm hoping is a good sign since she hasn't actually said anything since we emerged from the trees.

I stand there looking at her profile soaking in every dip of her face, the slight flush on her neck and cheeks, they way her lips are slightly parted and her eyes that I swear are sparkling.

"Hero.." she whispers.

One of my top two favorite sounds.

"Yea, love." I respond.

"This is .." she whispers slowly turning to me. "This is perfect." She repeats finally smiling.

I've heard people talk about someone else as though they were the most beautiful person they've ever met incomparable with the natural wonders of the world and I've always concluded that they were a bunch of pussy whipped fuckers. I mean come on I've seen my share of some beautiful fucking women but to say they can't compete with natural things is a bit of stretch. But guess what ? Jokes on fucking me because I get it now. I get it simply because of her.

I finally understand that it's not necessarily the looks that makes someone so breathtaking to you, it's a combination of things like how you feel when they're around you or how empty you feel when they aren't. How something as simple as a laugh or smile could set the pace for your entire day. I wish I could explain to someone how I feel about Josephine, further more I wish I could explain it to my damn self cause I'd like to know but simply because I can't explain it is what makes her so different. It scares me how much I've come to depend on Jo without her realising it and I'm scared that she'll run when she realizes how much I need her and how fucked up I really am but until then I'll stay in my little heaven.

I know Jo isn't a fan of PDA and to be quite honest I wasn't aware I was until now but I can't seem to stay away from her and I plan to steal every kiss I can while I can.

I lean over planting a quick kiss on her lips which she returns with a smile.

"Lets find a seat, yeah ?" I nod my head to the dock.

She nods entwining her hand with mine.

I start walking towards the dock which is adorned with large plush pillows as seats. Originally I had planned to just go to dinner with Jo but Mercy quickly dismissed that idea when I called her up for help. I actually only started to get nervous after she went on and on about how important a first date is and blah blah. After her run down about how boring and unoriginal dinner is I managed to find something she approved of that wasn't unrealistic as fuck and still fairly intimate since they've cut viewing parties by more than half due to the virus and to enforce social distancing.

I lead us to the back row which is completely empty and the last seat in the corner. I make sure we can still see the screen before settling on this spot. Jo removes her bag that holds nothing by the size of it and she drops in the seat dramatically sighing, I chuckle at her as drop my stuff on the floor as well. I reach in the bag removing a blanket as I give it to Jo so she can wrap it around her legs. She smiles at me taking it. Hopefully earning points since I've noticed that no matter how hot or cold it is Jo always wraps up whether she's watching tv or going to bed.

The sun is almost gone now as I settle in next to Jo while a few more people trickle in. Only one other person sits in our row but they're still pretty far from us. Jo adjust the blanket so it covers both our legs as the last of the lights dim.